How to get a USB loader to work with games.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by keevonnn, Jun 29, 2010.

Jun 29, 2010
  1. keevonnn
    OP

Newcomer keevonnn Advanced Member

United States
    I modded my wii from the sticky above. Now all that I'm wondering is how to get a USB loader to work with the games that I download. Help me with this issue please. thanks.

2. Thunder7102

Newcomer Thunder7102 Member

United States
    Alright, first you need to partition your USB as a WBFS. If you do not do that, it will not work. Then, google WBFS manager and download and install (hopefully, you are on a Windows machine). When you have your game, simply find it in the WBFS manager and click add to drive. It will add it and you can plug the USB into your Wii (port 1, not the other one) and boot from WiiFlow or USB Loader.

3. keevonnn
    OP

Newcomer keevonnn Advanced Member

United States
    How would you partition it to a WBFS? I'm lost on that part.

4. cheez203

Member cheez203 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    WBFS Manager should do that for you. Theres a button for it.

5. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    um...you dont need to format it to WBFS. GX and CFG have NTFS support now...

6. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    I don't think you can partition the drive with the WBFS manager
    You'll have to use other software to do that (like easus partition manager). You can use the WBFS manager to format a partition though.

That said, you can also use a FAT32 or NTFS drive, so you don't even need to partition anything if you choose one of those.

7. Thunder7102

Newcomer Thunder7102 Member

United States
    If you look at Windows system options, if you go to the device managers, there should be a way to partition your HDD to part of it being WBFS. And I am an old user, I was unaware of the new NTFS compatibility.

I don't remember the exact details if they compatibility doesn't work and I apologize for that. I would suggest how to change partitions in google. I think Windows 7 has a tool that allows you to partitions things as WBFS...why Microsoft would need that format, who knows, but I found it quite helpful a year or two ago. [​IMG]

8. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    does it since when?, WBFS is a specific Wii backup format, you may have used an app that can manage a WBFS partition as there are plenty floating a round and have been for awhile now