Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want this theme:Metroid theme

But it is a mym. How can I make s CSM from it? Also the creator says it was made for 4.1U will the file work on my 4.3U wii?

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wouldn't it be wiser to ask this question in the thread right below yours started by the theme's creator? or does that make too much sense?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Aijelsop said:
I really want this theme:Metroid theme

But it is a mym. How can I make s CSM from it? Also the creator says it was made for 4.1U will the file work on my 4.3U wii?
download the .app file for your region using ModMii's Download page 3, then download theme mii, load the mym file, and create a csm, when prompted, select the .app file u downloaded from ModMii for your region. All 4.X themes are compatible with any 4.X system menu, so u can safely build a 4.3 csm file using a 4.1 mym file, just make sure to use the right .app file for your specific firmware

VGMStudios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly. Why did you not just ask me?
smile.gif

What xflax said is true. Only thing I would change is to use mymenufiy to create the file on your pc and yse mymenylufiy on your wii to load the csm file.

VGM out...

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
VGMStudios said:
smile.gif

What xflax said is true. Only thing I would change is to use mymenufiy to create the file on your pc and yse mymenylufiy on your wii to load the csm file.

VGM out...

you mean MyMenu to create the file on your pc

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
VGMStudios said:
smile.gif

VGM out...
I think u mean mymenu, not mymenuify, mymenuify only works in the wii, not the pc.

theme mii is better, and doesn't require installation, it can just be run portably. But if u choose to go w/ mymenu, be warned, v1.3 is buggy, v1.2 is better

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I'll try thememii and I have the 0000097.app or whatever and I thought that was just the defaut theme? I use that to go back to the original theme.( load it from mymenuify)

VGMStudios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bazamuffin said:
VGMStudios said:
DO not use Thememii it ruins the theme. use MyMenu to create your CSM file.

How so?

Well it ruins my theme anyway.

It turns the cursor to a green/blue color and does not display the Disk Channel at all. I dont know why. Diddy mentioned that it might be the settings in ThemeMii, so Im going to take a look at them. But in the mean time I suggest to use MyMenu as it doesnt give these issues.

VGM out...

ncrawler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ringwurm1984 said:
what system menu are you on?

edit: nevermind i see it in your sig. i already have it converted to 4.1.csm i was gonna up it for you
Do you know where I can find the 4.1u.app converted to .mym?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
no such mym file exists, and if it did it would be 0KB, lol

a mym file is basically the changes to the .app file, so a mym file for the .app file its based on would have no changes!

I'll answer what u probably meant to ask

u can reinstall the standard wii theme by installing the .app file in mymenuify (it allows u to install .app files and .csm files)

edit:
btw, this thread is over 6 months old!

ncrawler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
no such mym file exists, and if it did it would be 0KB, lol

a mym file is basically the changes to the .app file, so a mym file for the .app file its based on would have no changes!

I'll answer what u probably meant to ask

u can reinstall the standard wii theme by installing the .app file in mymenuify (it allows u to install .app files and .csm files)

edit:
btw, this thread is over 6 months old!
NO,I meant a theme of the original theme in mym format. The changes would be that I could change it to a .zip and extract and edit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof