Hacking How to fix Pokémon XG Next Gen having trainers sent out the “!”

Zookstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey. I have a huge problem with Pokémon XG Next Gen.
I was using the US cheat codes from Pokémon XD Gale of Darkness and it works on this hack but when I start a battle with a trainer (Cail for an example) he sent out the “!” mark.

How do I fix this issue?

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I have a huge problem with Pokémon XG Next Gen.
I was using the US cheat codes from Pokémon XD Gale of Darkness and it works on this hack but when I start a battle with a trainer (Cail for an example) he sent out the “!” mark.

How do I fix this issue?
Uh, maybe the US cheat codes don't work 100% with the rom hack... try it without them.

According to the developer of the rom hack, it's not 100% savegame compatible with vanilla.

Zookstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Uh, maybe the US cheat codes don't work 100% with the rom hack... try it without them.

According to the developer of the rom hack, it's not 100% savegame compatible with vanilla.

What’s vanilla? I’m using USB Loader GX.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In this case, vanilla would refer to the base, untouched game; Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness.

He's saying that the US cheats likely aren't 100% compatible with the hack that you are using, so try disabling the cheats and see if it fixes your issues. According to the person who made the ROM hack, the hack itself isn't 100% compatible with the savegame files from the base game.

Zookstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here’s what I’m having a problem with.
In this case, vanilla would refer to the base, untouched game; Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness.

He's saying that the US cheats likely aren't 100% compatible with the hack that you are using, so try disabling the cheats and see if it fixes your issues. According to the person who made the ROM hack, the hack itself isn't 100% compatible with the savegame files from the base game.

Here’s what I’m having a problem with.

Attachments

• 49A27844-5B8B-4F40-8518-49B6F2FD5184.jpeg
    49A27844-5B8B-4F40-8518-49B6F2FD5184.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 127

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I understand what you mean. However, it's possible that some of the cheats simply don't work with the rom hack. I took a look at the ProjectPokemon ROM hack page and noted what Exidous mentioned - it's not 100 percent compatible, as per the creator:

Compatibility
Since a lot of things have been added/removed/replaced in XG it doesn't work as intended with save editors. It isn't 100% compatible with vanilla XD/GBA games."

Zookstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I understand what you mean. However, it's possible that some of the cheats simply don't work with the rom hack. I took a look at the ProjectPokemon ROM hack page and noted what Exidous mentioned - it's not 100 percent compatible, as per the creator:

Then how am I supposed to prevent the trainer send out “!” from happening?
I wanted to use the cheats but it worked completely, u know, I had infinite poke dollars and coupons even master balls. Also, infinite health. But then when I start a battle against Cail, he sent out the “!” mark.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd suggest disabling the cheats and starting a new save file. If that doesn't work, try patching a clean copy of the rom with the hack, disable cheats, and see if it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated