Hacking How to fix my GameCube controller mappings when playing GameCube games using Wii Flow on the Wii U

Siggz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have successfully backed up 21 GameCube games on my 32 GB Lexar SD Card and set it up so that I can play GameCube games using Wii Flow on my Wii U. I am using Devolution for my GC game loader and each game launches fine. The only problem is that the controller mappings for my GameCube controller are wrong. I am using a Mayflash GC controller adapter for Wii/Wii U to play the games on my Wii U using my GC controller and not the new classic controller.
My controller mapping that are changed: (only affects A,B,Y, and X; the mappings i concluded are from testing them out on super smash bros. melee and yes i have tried other game i have to see if the problem still occurs.)
A=Y
B=A
Y=B
X=Y
I have tried the fix from this thread (http://gbatemp.net/threads/devolutionccbr-remapped-classic-controller-buttons-small-mod.352271/) for devolution at the very bottom to fix the mappings for devolution and it works but only if you use devolution by itself from the Homebrew channel.
Although I am mainly doing it through Wii Flow for better presentation/appearance and that it doesn't give me the problem of not fitting my entire screen as it does when using devolution by itself (Wii Flow doesn't fix it entirely just makes it fit more of the screen where it doesn't bother me). Even with the fix it seems that Wii Flow doesn't apply it or something. So I think the problem is something to do with devolution's source file controller mappings coding.
If nobody can figure out how to fix this then I will just wait for Nintendont to come out and try using that. I hope somebody can help me figure out what is wrong with devolution unless it is Wii Flow's fault; Thank you! :yayps3:( please pretend that this is a GameCube controller)

*UPDATE: I did a test and it turns out that it doesn't seem to be Wii Flow's fault but the Wii U's. Either it has to do with compatibility issues or something else, but everything works perfectly on my normal Wii. It seems that this problem occurs only on my Wii U.

Felipe Vasconcelos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I saw that you are having trouble with the devolution of control. could try to resolve it with you.
already tried using a control usb pc or ps3 because here is working very well. although I have only 1 game for tests.

wanted to know your email to exchange ideas about revolution.

Siggz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Notice*: this post is now "closed" because I think that this is pretty much just the Wii U's fault because the problem is that it has compatibility issues with wii flow and doesn't apply the fix that I put into devolution and everts back to being switched around. I can play using devolution itself but the game doesn't fit the whole screen and that's why I tried via wii flow. I will just wait for Nintendont as it will hopefully work with the Wii U.

Felipe Vasconcelos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
understood.
friend you would like leveling the sample files (GMBE8P.bca) generated by CleanRip
iso and the same file, so I can do testing. tries like it to work on any wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: Ive never done that before