ROM Hack How to extract from Trauma center's romfile.bin?

COR3Z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I was currently trying to decompile the contents of Trauma center, but all I get is one romfile.bin, from what I know contains lots of other files.
Is it possible to extract the files out?

Last edited by COR3Z,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm. Didn't recall Trauma Center as being one of the all in one games. For reference/forum searchers while Nintendo does provide a nice format for grabbing files within a ROM that ndstool, crystaltile2, nitroexplorer, tinke and all the rest will be able to parse then some devs go one step further and make their own archive format, in which they stuff everything else in the game (usually except any sound files if they are SDAT format, though there are exceptions). I saw it more in earlier games (don't know if they were made before the SDK got more useful) but later ones are not immune either.

What have you tried and what have you learned about the file thus far?

COR3Z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I dropped the file in crystaltile2 and saw has a lot of files that contain .ncl format. An example would be Link$ Color Palette\k230.ncl CMNT, there seems to also have code that looks like what sprites are shown. It seems they have also have a models because I see polygon1, polygon2, polygon3, etc.

Last edited by COR3Z,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdMSPaHhmbI +1