Hacking How To Downgrade From 11.3 (Speculation)

MaxAbou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys I'm Max

Now im kind of new to this whole 3ds haacking thing so if I say anything inaccurate or just plain stupid, feel free to call me out on it, just dont be too harsh

also excuse any spelling mistakes as I have a doctors appointemnt in 5 minutes and Im typing on my phone while changing my clothes

So everyone is saying that you cant downgrade on 11.3 but couldnt someone upload a bunch of 11.2 nands (New 3DS USA, New 3DS EU, etc. etc.) and people would just get decrypt 9 or hourglass 9 and restore that nand, then do the whole cfw process from the restored 11.2 nand?

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I'm Max

Now im kind of new to this whole 3ds haacking thing so if I say anything inaccurate or just plain stupid, feel free to call me out on it, just dont be too harsh

also excuse any spelling mistakes as I have a doctors appointemnt in 5 minutes and Im typing on my phone while changing my clothes

So everyone is saying that you cant downgrade on 11.3 but couldnt someone upload a bunch of 11.2 nands (New 3DS USA, New 3DS EU, etc. etc.) and people would just get decrypt 9 or hourglass 9 and restore that nand, then do the whole cfw process from the restored 11.2 nand?
Nands are console specific, so this is impossible.

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
bricks.jpg

Max our savior

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys I'm Max

It's already addressed that this would be impossible, but I just want to further point out that if you had access to Decrypt9 then you would have zero need of downgrading in the first place.

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's already addressed that this would be impossible, but I just want to further point out that if you had access to Decrypt9 then you would have zero need of downgrading in the first place.
This
On 11.2, fasthax and safehax are launched so we can use Decrypt9.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NANDs are console specific, period. There is no getting around that.

Sighax, when implemented and released, would allow hardmod and likely the old DSiWare app+save injection + system transfer method of "downgrading" (in this case, it wouldn't be a downgrade, it's be installing sighax) again. Otherwise, there needs to be another arm11 kernel exploit, as well as another arm9 exploit. Neither of those grow on trees.

Kitlith

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kitl.pw
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, if it were that easy, we would've gotten that working a long time ago. But we have to back up a little bit. If you have D9/HG9 running, you have arm9 access, and don't *need* to downgrade so that you can get arm9 to preform a ctrnand transfer, etc.

There are two ways to get access to nand w/o arm9 access, and those are dsiwarehax or a nand mod. For a long time, we could downgrade firmware partially using a known plaintext attack, letting us exploit stuff on older firmwares. The only reason this worked was because of a single version number requirement that wasn't actively updated... and finally updated with 11.3. You can't boot an 11.3 system with an 11.2 firm, but you could boot a 11.2 system with a 10.7 or so firm, letting us use old exploits.

Honestly, I've been waiting for this. I mean, come on. All it took was for a couple of bytes to be updated, and then firm downgrade wouldn't be applicable anymore. *siiiigh*

But it's finally happened. Don't update if you want anything homebrew related. Ever. That's probably the first rule of homebrew: don't update your system unless you know it's safe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead