• Views 2,446
  • Replies 37

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Go kill frenzy on all the partitions above C: on that screenshot (aka delete them)
And have prepared to rescue disk to issue the command to rebuild the MBR.
Download a recovery disk.
Or use other method to recover the MBR, some other people suggested above.

D

Deleted-379826

OP
Check your boot drive settings and see if there's anything there about a Windows loader. If not, you're not using an EFI based system and you'll have to restore the bootloader manually.

Boot into Windows, download EasyBCD, and use it to write a new MBR. Reboot without deleting Linux to make sure it's working, then boot into Windows and delete the Linux partition.
alright got it although not sure what i should check

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Go kill frenzy on all the partitions above C: on that screenshot (aka delete them)
And have prepared to rescue disk to issue the command to rebuild the MBR.
Download a recovery disk.
Or use other method to recover the MBR, some other people suggested above.
thanks ill use as suggested above for the mbr and go kill all those partitions lol

D

Deleted-379826

OP
BCD Deployment -> Windows Vista/7 bootloader -> Write MBR. REBOOT AND TEST before deleting other partitions.
Thanks trying that now

BCD Deployment -> Windows Vista/7 bootloader -> Write MBR. REBOOT AND TEST before deleting other partitions.
Praise this man lol except a quick question I know it's obvious but I just wanna be on the safe side can I uninstall easybcd?

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's only needed to write the MBR. If you haven't rebooted yet, go to Edit Boot Menu and make sure Windows is showing up there. It should've done all the hooks for booting into Windows regardless of whatever else is there, but it's been years since I've used it.

D

Deleted-379826

OP
Yes, it's only needed to write the MBR. If you haven't rebooted yet, go to Edit Boot Menu and make sure Windows is showing up there. It should've done all the hooks for booting into Windows regardless of whatever else is there, but it's been years since I've used it.
Lol I have rebooted works great

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, then. All I have left to say is that you probably shouldn't delete the 100MB/450MB partitions - those are Windows/manufacturer recovery/reset files, and the half-gig of space you gain might not be worth the hassle later.

D

Deleted-379826

OP
In the partition manager not sure what to press I'm trying to right click (logical) but I can't click on any of the partitions what do I press? And after that how do I merge to my main partition?

Alright, then. All I have left to say is that you probably shouldn't delete the 100MB/450MB partitions - those are Windows/manufacturer recovery/reset files, and the half-gig of space you gain might not be worth the hassle later.
Alright thanks

Nvm deleted them although how can I merge and I guess that lel rap it all up thanks for everything guys :D

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted-379826

OP
nvm got all of it working and more space then before i believe lol well thanks for everything :)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to point out that if you had installed a VM like several suggested you do then you could have deleted it by deleting a file/directory.

D

Deleted-379826

OP
ON BOOT IT NOW SAYS THAT BOOTMGR IS MISSING???? What do I doooooo please help I can't boot my computer. This may or may not help but I set my active partition as C: thinking why isn't it omg I'm so dumb I bet that's it?

D

Deleted-379826

OP
:ohnoes::ohnoes:
ON BOOT IT NOW SAYS THAT BOOTMGR IS MISSING???? What do I doooooo please help I can't boot my computer. This may or may not help but I set my active partition as C: thinking why isn't it omg I'm so dumb I bet that's it?
And no I don't have recovery disc with me

I'm guessing you need to do the bootrec thingy
How tho I only have access to bios and no recovery disc with me?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you still have the Linux USB drive? You should be able to boot off that and get things sorted, not sure what I would suggest offhand as I do have the recovery CDs (about 5 different ones plus a whole bunch more). You can probably get something done with gparted though.

Reactions: Deleted-379826

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."