How to create a .conf file?!

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Haloman800, Mar 9, 2010.

Mar 9, 2010

How to create a .conf file?! by Haloman800 at 1:51 AM (2,718 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Haloman800
    OP

Member Haloman800 a real gril

United States
    (optional to read v)
    I've tried doing it several times, I've googled it and clicked on all of the links on page one, I've tried to post two questions on Yahoo! Answers, I've went to tons of different sites, now I'm coming here. I didn't want to post a topic here because I just did a few hours ago, but here we go again...

I'm trying to backup my DS savs with an alternate method than the one posted on here, and I need to make a .conf file containing my IP address and port number.. But it doesn't specify how to do it in the tute. I tried going to notepad and clicking "Save As" and typing in "filename.conf" but it comes out as "filename.conf.txt"

So, how do I create a .conf file with text inside??

If someone could create a blank .conf file with the name "savesender" and the ext ".conf" and upload it, I would be extremely grateful. Or if someone just posted how to do it here.

Thank you so much.

2. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Here's a tip

- when using Notepad - when you save as... - put the name of the file within speech marks and it will be saved without the 'txt' on the end

[​IMG]

3. Haloman800
    OP

Member Haloman800 a real gril

United States
    Thank you so much. I also figured out if you click "Save As" and change it to "All Files" it will also work. Even though I fixed this correctly.. it's still saying "Error opening .conf file" D=.

http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492

Could someone please test this program for dumping .sav files? I've been trying for so many hours =*(.

Thank you.

4. outgum

Member outgum Pokemanz Master

New Zealand
    ... lol

Save as button Ftw!

And hello Costello, Yes i see you thar

5. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Found this post that sound similar to your problem