Homebrew how to copy and boot dosgames on DOSBox Wii

dark_sun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I been looking for info on how to boot CD dos games on the wii, but cant find any good info. I wanna know does it need to be in a bin/cue format? and whats the command on booting image files

geegee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it supports disc images like that. I believe you need to copy all the files over to your sd card or usb.

sd:/apps/dosbox-wii/ is drive C
sd:/DOSBox/ is drive D

You need to know basic dos commands to use DOSBox Wii. You can look them up online.

dark_sun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for the help, but i was trying to get the 7th guest to work on the wii. After seeing the compad list of saying it worked. I cant seem to figure it out. i copy all the files on the usb, but when i try to install it, it say the CD is missing and please put it back.

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
You can play older CD Dos games on DosBoxWii. I would suggest first working out how to get in working, through DosBox, on your PC. When you have done that, you use the same commands you used to mount your PC CDrom, by either adding them in your Wii's DosBox Config file or by simply typing them in manually after DosBoxWii as started,

I haven't used DosBox for a while, but I remember it being pretty simple to mount a CD Drive (something like : mount e g: as cdrom. Presuming my CD drive on my PC is g: and I want it to be known as drive E: in DosBox) Its something like that, though obviously you replace g: with whatever DosBoxWii Identifies your Wii drive as. You then just navigate to the starting executable, ie./ CMD e: , followed by run.exe or whatever, you get the idea.

To find the exact format for the 'mount' command, concerning CD Drives (or even Cue/Bin files from SD or HDD if supported on the Wii version) go to the DosBox home page, the full list of commands is there somewhere, or just search google for 'how to mount cd drive in dosbox', that'll also give you the answer I am guessing.

Definately find out how to do it in regular dosbox first, then just adapt it to the Wii's parameters (or hardware).
P.S. you could do what you already did, by copying the fikes to USB, and then just replace the original executable with a NOCD Patch version (google is your friend).

Good Luck.

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly agree with the getting it working on the PC version first. DOS can be very frustrating. I don't even use the Wii for the old 80s DOS games I have. I run them on the PC because it is so much easier to type and get running. Once you learn/remember the old DOS commands on the PC, then switch over to the Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...