Hacking How to convert .xci to .nsp when using SX PRO??

rickwj324

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wanting to convert my .xci files to .nsp to install directly onto my sd card. I am using SX PRO v2.8 and my system is on 8.1.

All guides that I see require you to first do a full key dump, but I'm not sure how to do this. I tried lockpick but it only dumps a few of the keys. It looks like you need to run lockpick rcm but I'm unsure how to launch that app using the SX OS. It's a bin file. Can anyone clue me in on how to run this app to do a successful key dump? Or is there a different/better method to dump them?

Sorry for the n00b questions! Thanks!! Rick

rickwj324

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sx os can install xci files, so there's no need to convert to nsp.

To launch the lockpick bin file you would do it from the sx is boot menu by selecting the option to boot another payload and select the bin.

Thanks! I know I can launch xci files which is what I used to do. However, I like installing the games from nsp so that you don't have to launch the games from the ALBUMS folder first.
Thanks for the tip on "option to boot". I'll check that out.

EDIT: I downloaded lockpick rcm v1.3 and ran it using sx os. It shows keblob 0-5 as CORRUPT. I don't know enough about keys to know how serious of a problem this is, but I'm guessing this will prevent me from doing the XCI to NSP as I don't have a proper set of keys. Is this an easy fix? Should I be worried about these corrupted keyblobs?

Last edited by rickwj324,

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Heres what I did to get my keys (someone will speak up if any of these steps is unnecessary and/or I missed something):
get lastest ReiNX
get latest LockPickRCM
extract and install both to root of microsd
run lockpickRCM from boot menu (like Zaide said)
rename resulting prod.keys to keys.txt
copy keys.txt to same folder as sxinstaller
BUT
If all you really want is to install XCIs then just do as Zaide said and install them directly and skip all this keys business
ALSO there are keys *out there* - I don't know how useful another consoles keys are in this scenario but they can be had
If you end up extracting your keys check out NSCB

Last edited by gratefulbuddy,
Reactions: rickwj324

rickwj324

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Re-read my post. I said you can INSTALL xci files with sx os. Not just run them. On the latest version of sx os just go to the install tab and it should list all of your xci files for installation.

Oh wow!! I had no idea! That's awesome! Will have to try it out tonight. Thanks so much!

Reactions: gratefulbuddy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...