Hacking how to confirm sd2vita adapter is working and isn't just DOA

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's all the logs. I get the activity light but that's it. Nothing more happens and it's annoying as hell. I formatted to exfat(not using the sd official formatter) with no volume label and reinsterted it and still nothing it's driving me up a wall. Both adapters are giving me these issues.

I should also say I'm pretty sure that vitashel bit me in the ass sometime ago as the memory card was corrupted so that solved having to copy many files over.
storage.txt
Code:
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
ur0:tai/storagemgr.skprx

ur0:tai/nopsmdrm.skprx
ur0:tai/kuio.skprx
*main
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
ur0:tai/download_enabler.suprx
ur0:tai/shellbat.suprx
ur0:tai/pngshot.suprx

ur0:tai/vflux.suprx
*NPXS10015
*NPXS10016
*ALL
ur0:tai/vsh.suprx

storage_config.txt

Code:
MCD=uma0
INT=imc0
GCD=ux0
UMA=grw0
storage_mgr_log.txt
Code:
StorageMgrKernel v3.0 started.
system_sw_version: 03650000
Installing SceSblSsMgr hook...
tm0 : tm0:
exfattm0
sdstor0:int-lp-ign-vtrm
(null)

ur0 : ur0:
exfatur0
sdstor0:int-lp-ign-user
(null)

ux0 : ux0:
exfatux0
sdstor0:xmc-lp-ign-userext
(null)

gro0 : gro0:
exfatgro0
sdstor0:gcd-lp-ign-gamero
(null)

grw0 : grw0:
exfatgrw0
sdstor0:gcd-lp-ign-gamerw
(null)
00000A00

imc0 : imc0:
exfatimc0
sdstor0:int-lp-ign-userext
(null)
00000D00

xmc0 : xmc0:
exfatxmc0
(null)
00000E00

uma0 : uma0:
exfatuma0
sdstor0:uma-pp-act-a
sdstor0:uma-lp-act-entire
00000F00

mount point id : 0x0800
Reading current device blkdev for mount point 0x800 :
current blkdev : sdstor0:xmc-lp-ign-userext (null)
Is ux0: redirected : 0
ux0: current device : sdstor0:xmc-lp-ign-userext (null)
Reading config...
Checking if UMA is in config.
Reading config...
Reading config...
Line of size 8 : MCD=uma0
Reading config...
Line of size 8 : INT=imc0
Reading config...
Line of size 7 : GCD=ux0
Reading config...
Line of size 8 : UMA=grw0
Checking if GCD is in config.
Reading config...
Reading config...
Reading config...
Reading config...
Checking if MCD is in config.
Reading config...
Reading config...
Checking if INT is in config.
Reading config...
Reading config...
Reading config...
UMA config found at line 3.
Loading SceUsbMass from os0:.
Mounting bootfs:...
Unmounting bootfs: : 0
SceUsbMass module id : 00011A65.
USB mass detection...
USB mass detection...
USB mass detection...
USB mass detection...
USB mass detection...
USB mass detection...
USB mass detection...
USB mass detection...
USB mass detection...
USB mass detection...
USB mass detection...
USB mass detection...
USB mass detection...
USB mass detection...
USB mass detection...
USB mass detection...
USB mass detection...
USB mass detection...
USB mass detection...
USB mass detection...
USB mass detection...
USB mass detection...
USB mass detection...
USB mass detection...
USB mass detection...
USB mass detection...
USB mass still not detected. Aborting USB mass detection.
GCD config found at line 2.
GC2SD detection...
GC2SD not detected.
Reading mount point for line 2...
Reading config...
Line length : 7.
Not read string length (device string) : 4.
Current line mount point of string length 3 : ux0
INT config found at line 1.
Internal storage detection...
Internal storage detected.
Reading mount point for line 1...
Reading config...
Line length : 8.
Current line mount point of string length 4 : imc0
MCD config found at line 0.
MCD detection...
MCD detected.
Reading mount point for line 0...
Reading config...
Line length : 8.
Current line mount point of string length 4 : uma0
mount is now : sdstor0:xmc-lp-ign-userext
mount point id : 0x0800
Reading current device blkdev for mount point 0x800 :
Is ux0: redirected : 0
ux0: current device : sdstor0:xmc-lp-ign-userext (null)
mount point id : 0x0A00
Reading current device blkdev for mount point 0xA00 :
sdstor0:gcd-lp-ign-gamerw
current blkdev : sdstor0:gcd-lp-ign-gamerw (null)
Is grw0: redirected : 0
grw0: current device : sdstor0:gcd-lp-ign-gamerw (null)
mount point id : 0x0F00
Reading current device blkdev for mount point 0xF00 :
Is uma0: redirected : 1
uma0: current device : sdstor0:xmc-lp-ign-userext (null)
StorageMgrKernel finished starting with success.

Last edited by masterz87,

eighthdayregret

fnerrrrrrrrrr!
Trophies
Website
eighthsregrets.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, two failed adapters, depending on the versions of them, seems less likely an issue with the adapters, and more likely something else.
There are a few things to consider:
Is your microSD legit? I had a 64gb micro that I thought worked fine, but my SD2Vita adapters were how I was finally able to figure out the card was crap.
After you formatted your microSD, did you copy the contents of your normal memory card over to it, and if so, how? Depending on how you copy things over, it can cause issues. The way I did it was I connected my Vita to my PC with VitaShell, with my official memory card mounted as ux0. Then, I highlighted the drive itself without opening it and copy and pasted it (also, using FTP and copying over the ux0 mountpoint without opening it works, too) to my PC. This ensures that you get ALL the files. When I opened the drive, selected everything, then copy and pasted it, I ended up missing something like a 1,000 files. Just copying the drive better ensures a true 1:1 copy.
The fact that your Vita tries to read the SD2Vita tells me that the adapter itself seems to be working, at least somewhat. It's at least able to tell the Vita that it's there, but your logs show that something having to do with the SD2Vita is not being detected. I'd be willing to bet your microSD is bad.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, two failed adapters, depending on the versions of them, seems less likely an issue with the adapters, and more likely something else.
There are a few things to consider:
Is your microSD legit? I had a 64gb micro that I thought worked fine, but my SD2Vita adapters were how I was finally able to figure out the card was crap.
After you formatted your microSD, did you copy the contents of your normal memory card over to it, and if so, how? Depending on how you copy things over, it can cause issues. The way I did it was I connected my Vita to my PC with VitaShell, with my official memory card mounted as ux0. Then, I highlighted the drive itself without opening it and copy and pasted it (also, using FTP and copying over the ux0 mountpoint without opening it works, too) to my PC. This ensures that you get ALL the files. When I opened the drive, selected everything, then copy and pasted it, I ended up missing something like a 1,000 files. Just copying the drive better ensures a true 1:1 copy.
The fact that your Vita tries to read the SD2Vita tells me that the adapter itself seems to be working, at least somewhat. It's at least able to tell the Vita that it's there, but your logs show that something having to do with the SD2Vita is not being detected. I'd be willing to bet your microSD is bad.
I did badblocks(linux drive testing software) wrote to the whole drive 4 times with different patterns and read it back to make sure it worked. The final pattern was all 00s to zero out the disk. Formatted to exfat and did h2wtest's linux version(f3) and both testing methods said everything was AOK.
Did you write the card with zzblank.img?
See above quote for the answer to that.

With vitashell's memory card corruption does it literally kill the card or does it just cause it to need a reformat? I have a 64gb one and I'm sure that fucking bug hit me when I was trying to backup everything because now it's randomly corrupting itself no matter which method that I use to xfer the files(USB or FTP). I was apparently on vitashell 1.9x can't remember version but the memory card got umounted and did an input/output splicing error and the issues started then. So I guess I need to know if that's what the corruption is, if it's the entire fucking card or just you lose all data.

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did badblocks(linux drive testing software) wrote to the whole drive 4 times with different patterns and read it back to make sure it worked. The final pattern was all 00s to zero out the disk. Formatted to exfat and did h2wtest's linux version(f3) and both testing methods said everything was AOK.

See above quote for the answer to that.

With vitashell's memory card corruption does it literally kill the card or does it just cause it to need a reformat? I have a 64gb one and I'm sure that fucking bug hit me when I was trying to backup everything because now it's randomly corrupting itself no matter which method that I use to xfer the files(USB or FTP). I was apparently on vitashell 1.9x can't remember version but the memory card got umounted and did an input/output splicing error and the issues started then. So I guess I need to know if that's what the corruption is, if it's the entire fucking card or just you lose all data.

it has to have no partition table
I apologize, that is incorrect

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's pretty unlikely to be the pcb, its just a passthrough. Theres no components on mine IIRC besides the SDCard socket. It has test points on it as well, although I am not sure if the later PCB with a shell have them.
It would be fairly easy to test either way, just check for continuity I'm relatively sure that would be good enough. All the magic happens in software, its not like an R4 card or something

Last edited by DayVeeBoi,

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what the hell's going on here. Does the vitashell corruption extend to ruining the cards and making them unstable after formatting? if so that could be it, and I can just copy over ur0: as I am on a vita 2k and just delete the tai folder.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what the hell's going on here. Does the vitashell corruption extend to ruining the cards and making them unstable after formatting? if so that could be it, and I can just copy over ur0: as I am on a vita 2k and just delete the tai folder.

Where the SD card and the SD2Vita came from? you don't delete the folder, you are supposed to delete the config.txt in ux0 if you have any. got any other micro SD to test with?

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah no, it's the memory card's contents that are the issue, using umdgen and converting my cso back to an iso causes an error about LBA mismatch.

I'm going to say that vitashell has managed to fuck my memory card, I wish I would've known that this was an issue from the start instead of just finding out after it did it. I guess it happened somehow during xfer. Even though I thought it was updated already.

Last edited by masterz87,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock