Gaming How to bypass blocked websites in school?

Acheron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
all you little bastards making my life difficult..

haha jokes, its pretty fun actually trying to watch kids hack our network. we run a pretty tight network though (dynamic vlans, threat management gateway, access control lists, outbound proxy, cisco asa). sounds like some of your schools aren't very secure.

Frogman

This could be you!
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
Ahhhhhh.....
trust me I've tried and I've tried...;|
the ONLY way I have been able to is by subscribing to a new proxy list on like yahoo groups??......

EDIT: Also if you look up on google the site you are looking for if you click mobile version that will work, though extremely annoying

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My high school has St. Bernard firewall, which uses iPrism for it's web content filtering. That was always a pain because it blocked sites based on their content, IP addresss, and web address. The only way around it was to go through it. Funny thing was, I had 2 programs that would allow for connections to proxy networks. They were Tor and JonDo/JAP.

Unfortunately, JAP only works on PC, while there is an iPhone version of Tor, but you'd have to jailbreak the device to get it, as well as jump through a few hoops as it doesn't come standard in the Cydia library. Also, you can get flash to work on your iDevice by installing iMobileCinema through Cydia as well, but luckily this one has install instructions.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My schools retarded. We can access the C drive but their web filter is also easy to bypass
If a proxy is blocked a just https://www..com and then enter the website into the proxy, easy stuff.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Too bad my school uses some sort of different desktop, we don't have the start button in the left corner. Control+Alt+Delete gives the normal window, but access to the task manager is disabled. I should try using the Windows+R, maybe that'll work, but I doubt it. Too bad we didn't have access to cmd.exe, because I could've easily gotten the I.P address of blocked websites (if there were any) and get on them anyway. Too bad the C drive is blocked. I once used TeamViewer and somehow got access to other users' "profile ghosts" or something, it's supposed to be like a shell for the accounts, as I couldn't see the contents in there.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Berthenk said:
Too bad my school uses some sort of different desktop, we don't have the start button in the left corner. Control+Alt+Delete gives the normal window, but access to the task manager is disabled. I should try using the Windows+R, maybe that'll work, but I doubt it. Too bad we didn't have access to cmd.exe, because I could've easily gotten the I.P address of blocked websites (if there were any) and get on them anyway. Too bad the C drive is blocked. I once used TeamViewer and somehow got access to other users' "profile ghosts" or something, it's supposed to be like a shell for the accounts, as I couldn't see the contents in there.
You can possibly gain access to cmd by making a file named "start.cmd" and putting the word "start" in the file (use notepad). This worked for me, even though cmd is blocked.

rofflwaffls

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bypass guide for most school computers:

1. Getting pass an internet filter

Several ways to do this.
My favorite way is connecting to the website by the IP.
Also, put https:// instead of http://

2. Getting into the C: Drive

Yet again, several ways.
My favorite was is to go into the start menu, right-click on a folder in All Programs and selecting explore. Press the Up button from there
biggrin.gif

Also, download and run an installer for a program, and if asked to select a destination, click Browse, right-click on Local Drive and click explore.
biggrin.gif

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rofflwaffls said:
Bypass guide for most school computers:

1. Getting pass an internet filter

My favorite way is connecting to the website by the IP.
Explain,I'd like to know how...
QUOTEAlso, put https:// instead of http://
That doesn't work for all but good for sites like facebook
tongue.gif

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I remember trying several of these ideas at my school. I think my school now blocks by IP address (we used to get around it by typing the IP, I'll try again sometime)
I'll try Https...

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
I remember trying several of these ideas at my school. I think my school now blocks by IP address (we used to get around it by typing the IP, I'll try again sometime)
I'll try Https...
try the google translate trick. it should work

go to translate.google.com
copy/paste the site your trying to visit
select a different language ie french to english

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If the filters your schools are using are anything near decent, they will be updatable and you will have a very hard time trying to bypass them. So why bother? Seriously you're there to learn and do school work, surely you can wait the 8 hours and surf the web at home?

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
antwill said:
If the filters your schools are using are anything near decent, they will be updatable and you will have a very hard time trying to bypass them. So why bother? Seriously you're there to learn and do school work, surely you can wait the 8 hours and surf the web at home?
so why are u here if u are at school
tongue.gif

ok, you must be home if were posting that (or are you)
what if your in a I.C.T class studing social networking and were told to go on facebook or whatever?
EXACTLY you CAN'T

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dter ic said:
antwill said:
tongue.gif

what if your in a I.C.T class studing social networking and were told to go on facebook or whatever?
EXACTLY you CAN'T
If you were told to go on Facebook or some other site that's normally blocked, logic follows that they'd unblock it so you can access it. Otherwise, there is no point in telling someone to go on a site that's normally blocked.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dter ic said:
antwill said:
tongue.gif

EXACTLY you CAN'T
That has never happened to me, and if it did, they would temporarily unblock "facebook or whatever". But it is very unlikely to ever happen. It'd be descriminating against those who don't use such sites.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4