How to beat pirate's syndrome?

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Just have 1 game in your memory stick. You´ll realize there will be distractions but that single game.

As by myself, I have FF:CC on psp, taiko 2, dragonball tenkaichi tag team. I used to have a lot of psx eboot games but wouldn´t enjoy just one, so I´ve set these 3 games.

FF:CC = RPG (over 40 hours of long gameplay, ok just one of those)

Taiko no tatsujin 2 = Rhythm (may be from a few minutes to various hours of game play, fast paced, anywhere)

DB:TTT = VS, fun and fast. Much like taiko.

D

Deleted-236924

Schlupi said:
I know how you feel. It's so different when you actually buy it... it MOTIVATES YOU to play it!

Think in the mindset of me when I was a young'n. Pretend... that you just rented this game. Every weekend your Dad rents you ONE game, and you can play it for a weekend. No school, no work, you get a new game to play! You got the game with your hard earned allowance and it took forever to sweep out those pesky dead rat fetuses from your drain. So you are DETERMINED to play this game!

No matter how crappy it is, no matter how fun it is, try playing it all the way through. get your money's worth (Blockbuster AIN'T CHEAP BRO!). If you get tired of it so be it, but if you don't play it then all that time washing your Dad's leopard print G-string (coated in Hooker Sweat and Trace amounts of cocaine) BY HAND would have been for naught.
Seems like what was written on the Mother 1+2 translation page.

1234turtles

Memer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got two micro sd cards filled with roms and have only completed 2 of the games on them and i have a iplayer filled with gba roms only beat 1 of them

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the solution: stop wasting your time on internet... play some games instead

But... if you like to waste your time on internet.. I recommend gbatemp
wink.gif

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
There really is no other option other than to start buying games.

If you don't want to buy games, or can't, maybe find a way to limit your ability to download games.

Don't need to worry about that too much the internet companies sure are about too, what with their bandwidth limiting.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try saving up some money for the game that you want. It makes you feel that you earned it. If you pirated it, makes you feel like you can play any game on it. I basically started saving money for the games that I want. idk if it would help you.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I have 2 really good games on my memory card/msd/hdd at one time.. And have one pirate console and one non pirate console. Losing interest in games isn't really a problem for me, it's getting time to play them that is the problem. Also buying games for my non pirate console if it's region locked, xbox 360 games are $120 each for good ones.

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
to buy the original games might be an obvious way to beat your illness. would be positive at two ways, 1st you maybe will gain your motivation to beat the games you began, 2nd the economy will be thankful. think about it

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
While I cannot justify spending as much money on games as the devs would like (MSRP), I definitely like to buy my games. I have a half-way ground of doing things that you may like and not lose sleep over! When a game comes out I rent/borrow it so I can have a local copy and then when the game comes down to a reasonable price I buy it.

Note: A reasonable price is of course subject to the gamer; I cannot stand pokemon and would not pay a dollar for it, but on the other hand I loved Metroid for the Wii and bought it as soon as it came out.

Just my 2 cents.

**EDITED to fix my horrible grammar. if my English teacher was here, I would have sore knuckles and broken ruler on my desk!

Makar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:
Ahh, pirate's syndrome. I know it well. I have probably about 215 DS games and thousands of emulated games on my DSTWO. I've probably played less than twenty on it for more than five minutes. The real trouble with PS for me is that I usually end up spending more time choosing what game I want to play than actually playing it.

The best way to "beat" PS, I've found, is to have TWO games on your flashcard at all times - one that's deep, like an RPG like phoenix wright or final fantasy, and one that's a quick, on-the-go kind of game, like a contra or pac man or something arcade-stlyed that you can easily quit if need be. This gives you one game to play through when you have more time on your hands and one game to play in quick bursts when you have a little time and want to satisfy your boredom. Switch out the long one once you've completed it and switch out the quick one when you get bored with it.

I agree with personuser. I also have had PS to the point where I don't even bother hooking up my Wii (because my brother plays Xbox most of the time). You should ether buy games or do what personuser suggested

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey I accidentally found a new to improve my PS......
First of all I'm really new to the PSP scene, and I'm very happy there are so many good games to catch on at this point in time.
I purchased a 8GB magic gate memory stick ( Sandisk ) for the PSP, which holds about a dozen of games.
I put on it my favorites ( GoW Chain of Olympus, Ultimate GnG, Castlevania Dracula X and so on..) and then I proceeded to download more games, as usual.
The things about the memory stick is, whenever I transfer games back and forth , there is a high chance to corrupt the SAVE files and make them unreadable.
I don't know whether it's an issue 'cause of a faulty or fake card, but the fact is, now I'm determined to finish all those games before I actually re-connect it to the PC to upload more games.
I've already finished Chain Of Olympus ( great , great game btw ) and I'm half way trough Catlevania and GnG , so I'm doing pretty good.
The fear of corrupting my save files makes me sure to finish the games I started before moving on lol...
So please don't tell me how to avoid save files corruption
nyanya.gif

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Arm73 said:
Hey I accidentally found a new to improve my PS......
First of all I'm really new to the PSP scene, and I'm very happy there are so many good games to catch on at this point in time.
I purchased a 8GB magic gate memory stick ( Sandisk ) for the PSP, which holds about a dozen of games.
I put on it my favorites ( GoW Chain of Olympus, Ultimate GnG, Castlevania Dracula X and so on..) and then I proceeded to download more games, as usual.
The things about the memory stick is, whenever I transfer games back and forth , there is a high chance to corrupt the SAVE files and make them unreadable.
I don't know whether it's an issue 'cause of a faulty or fake card, but the fact is, now I'm determined to finish all those games before I actually re-connect it to the PC to upload more games.
I've already finished Chain Of Olympus ( great , great game btw ) and I'm half way trough Catlevania and GnG , so I'm doing pretty good.
The fear of corrupting my save files makes me sure to finish the games I started before moving on lol...
So please don't tell me how to avoid save files corruption
nyanya.gif

I ran into something like this with a network drive and save files, I did find a solution if you are interested here is a link ( If you don't want a solution, don't click the link! XD )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night