Gaming How to backup Pokemon Black 2 save using 3ds

Zaku77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I know that this has been asked before, but there is an enormous amount of conflicting information and alternative methods, and I'm feeling lost in the sauce trying to figure it out.

I want to backup my Pokemon black 2 save so I can use pokebank, and then restore the save so that my black 2 still has those Pokemon.

I've seen that you can use a method using homebrew on 3ds to backup/restore from the SD card. Does this work, and can someone confirm the needed programs and steps? I've read posts of people saying that Pokemon B/W won't recognize a restored save because it's older than what is on the cart. Is this still an issue?

I have an original 3ds, a 3ds XL, and several new 3dsxls. They are not all up to date, so I have a variety of firmware versions available to me.

Thank you in advance!

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
You can use TWLSaveTool on the 3DS, which is by far the easiest methord if you have a hacked or homebrew enabled 3DS.

If you have CFW you can install the CIA version, if you just have the Homebrew Launcher you also need to have PokéTransporter installed or Pokémon Dream Radar for the 3dsx version to function.

It's pretty self explanitry, however i did a blog on this earlier in the year: Nintendo DS Save Game Backup Using The Nintendo 3DS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps5-m2sdd-quit-working-in-ps5.622567/page-2 guess I'm not the only...