Slater Color
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ffas-e1274907539875.jpg

Throughout this week people are talking about the new trailer that Activision guys are circulated to announce its next game Blur (yes, another racing game for adults but with the particularity that want to extract all the fun of racing the popular Mario Kart for Nintendo) which parodies the legendary games of this saga of Nintendo saying, do not get tired yet?, his is an adult game.

Taking this opportunity, the boys of Kotaku have posted a list of some ads which parodied the creator of Mario and, his one eye, one realizes that only Nintendo is still the only large remains at the foot of the canyon with control of the game entirely in his hands, while the rest have gone to or less or, literally, go with pants or bajaditos trying to get money from Nintendo consoles.

The most widely bait, according to this article, SEGA has finished prostituting to get your pet stay in business. Then we see as Sony tried to do something with Crash bandicoot. Isn´t?, I think we see it Nintendo consoles. We can also see the attempt by Atari to overshadow the portable Nintendo, do you remember Lynx?, Me neither.

Moral: who laughs last, laughs best, it seems that kids who are behind Blur have not followed this wise counsel of the Spanish proverb.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5546049/how-the-pros-mock-nintendo

EPIC WIN!

crash_bandicoot_3_warped_cover425.jpg

You before was cool

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People are stupid. Blur looks like another standard street racing game, and those are honestly dreadful and bore me to fucking tears. Racing simulators are fine to a point, but after a while the whole concept gets mundane and there is no enjoyment. Playing with multiple people in Mario Kart is more fun then playing a racing sim with other players since all you have to do is beat the others to the end, at least with a game like Mario Kart you can not only beat your opponents, you can pummel them into the dirt with an arsenal of weapons. And ZOMG it's a kids game! Mario Kart is for everyone, hence the E rating on the damn box. Those who insult Nintendo are just jealous of their financial success and that they have come out with new ideas all the time and they have killed the competition in the process.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
DSGamer64 said:
People are stupid. Blur looks like another standard street racing game, and those are honestly dreadful and bore me to fucking tears. Racing simulators are fine to a point, but after a while the whole concept gets mundane and there is no enjoyment. Playing with multiple people in Mario Kart is more fun then playing a racing sim with other players since all you have to do is beat the others to the end, at least with a game like Mario Kart you can not only beat your opponents, you can pummel them into the dirt with an arsenal of weapons. And ZOMG it's a kids game! Mario Kart is for everyone, hence the E rating on the damn box. Those who insult Nintendo are just jealous of their financial success and that they have come out with new ideas all the time and they have killed the competition in the process.

Either you trolololing, or you have no idea bout the game. I think the game looks like shit myself, but it is neither a racing sim, nor a straight up street racing game.

The game has weapons like Mario Kart. This is all. Although I agree with your post for the most part, Your lack of knowledge of the game you are bashing completely invalidates your post.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BakuFunn said:
TM2-Megatron said:
injected11 said:
Negative campaigning is classless, period.

Tell that to Politicians.

When have politicians ever had class?
Before the turn of the 19th century.
wink.gif

I agree with DSGamer64, I think the game looks like shit and I think Sony and Microsoft are both jealous of Nintendo's success. Nintendo however is on a decline at the moment, and at least needs to market their next home console to more than the Casual market.
ohnoes.png

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DSGamer64 said:
blah blah...Blur looks like another standard street racing game...blah blah blah..arsenal of weapons...blah blah blah...kids game...blah blah blah...Mario Kart is for everyone...blah...E rating.
Umm, it's Mario Kart with a modern theme designed to appeal to adult gamers. There's real cars in the game. There's weapons in the game. Please do your research before posting some crap like this.
Also, Blur has an E10+ rating, so you can't really say much about Mario Kart having a friendlier rating.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm Mario Kart will always be number one to me when it comes to racing games not even just the wii/ds games i prefer the classic SNES Mario Kart over all of them...i'm not saying Blur is a bad game never played and probably never will it doesn't appeal to me as much as Mario Kart(i'm 24) so they can call it kiddy if they like but i'd pick Mario Kart any day over any other racer.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the OP use Google Translate for this thread? I understood less than half of the first post without having to think about what it should say.

ON TOPIC:

I agree, Nintendo is the only company left that actually uses a great deal of imagination while making fun games. Some people may say "Kiddy", but I say "Imaginative".

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Did the OP use Google Translate for this thread? I understood less than half of the first post without having to think about what it should say.rofl, I'm tired and tried to read that post... just read this and understood:
YayMii said:
DSGamer64 said:
blah blah...Blur looks like another standard street racing game...blah blah blah..arsenal of weapons...blah blah blah...kids game...blah blah blah...Mario Kart is for everyone...blah...E rating.

QUOTE(DSGamer64 @ May 30 2010, 09:41 PM) People are stupid. Blur looks like another standard street racing game, and those are honestly dreadful and bore me to fucking tears. Racing simulators are fine to a point, but after a while the whole concept gets mundane and there is no enjoyment. Playing with multiple people in Mario Kart is more fun then playing a racing sim with other players since all you have to do is beat the others to the end, at least with a game like Mario Kart you can not only beat your opponents, you can pummel them into the dirt with an arsenal of weapons. And ZOMG it's a kids game! Mario Kart is for everyone, hence the E rating on the damn box. Those who insult Nintendo are just jealous of their financial success and that they have come out with new ideas all the time and they have killed the competition in the process.
agreed
QUOTE(syko5150 @ May 31 2010, 12:12 AM)
hmm Mario Kart will always be number one to me when it comes to racing games not even just the wii/ds games i prefer the classic SNES Mario Kart over all of them...i'm not saying Blur is a bad game never played and probably never will it doesn't appeal to me as much as Mario Kart(i'm 24) so they can call it kiddy if they like but i'd pick Mario Kart any day over any other racer.
I just got ModNation Racers, It's a complete copy from Mario Kart, but it's just plain fun (and frustrating... just like Mario Kart). I really think ModNation is helping to innovate the kart racers genre amid all the clones of Mario Kart because of all it's online features and player created content.

That said I am hoping that the next Mario Kart game (maybe at E3????) will innovate in a different way from ModNation, but still be very reinvigorating to the genre. Maybe I'm just too hopeful

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dudeonline said:
DSGamer64 said:

Either you trolololing, or you have no idea bout the game. I think the game looks like shit myself, but it is neither a racing sim, nor a straight up street racing game.

The game has weapons like Mario Kart. This is all. Although I agree with your post for the most part, Your lack of knowledge of the game you are bashing completely invalidates your post.
So it's basically a WipeOut clone just with street cars then? Cause those games have weapons too, and are really only cool for the fast speed. Either way, it's kind of embarrassing for a company to have to sink so low as to insult other developers because of how they choose to create their games. I bet of Nintendo brought out an F-Zero game that had weapons, it would essentially be Mario Kart on steroids. Admittedly I don't know much about Blur, but it looks a lot like a standard racing game to me based on the way it's advertised, still pretty low of Activision to insult Nintendo like they did seeing as how Mario Kart has never really had much direct competition when it comes to racing games of it's style.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Funny, we don't have ads like that in Switzerland. I think it's because of some laws. Anyway, I hate these type of ads who tries to depreciate the concurrent instead of making a better product.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Ritsuki said:
Funny, we don't have ads like that in Switzerland. I think it's because of some laws. Anyway, I hate these type of ads who tries to depreciate the concurrent instead of making a better product.
I think like that too, it's pretty stupid and makes companies look like douchebags.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
DSGamer64 said:
So it's basically a WipeOut clone just with street cars then? Cause those games have weapons too, and are really only cool for the fast speed. Either way, it's kind of embarrassing for a company to have to sink so low as to insult other developers because of how they choose to create their games. I bet of Nintendo brought out an F-Zero game that had weapons, it would essentially be Mario Kart on steroids. Admittedly I don't know much about Blur, but it looks a lot like a standard racing game to me based on the way it's advertised, still pretty low of Activision to insult Nintendo like they did seeing as how Mario Kart has never really had much direct competition when it comes to racing games of it's style.

I've played the Blur beta and I can tell you that it isn't all fast cars generic racing game, it has a gameplay style very similar to Mario Kart style and allows other modes such as just racing games. To what you described in your first post, it is not a racing sim at all and is pretty much modernized Mario Kart in the main gamemode with great influences of Burnout (imo).

nintyfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I absolutely love these ads, even from the sega days, I have always found the adverts funny and took them with a pinch of salt (being a nintendo fan) i love how the ads always have digs at nintendo because it means nintendo must be doing something right?????? because almost all these style of adverts are aimed at them. and besides they mean next to nthing, yeah sega had the best graphics, Where are they now?

its about fun guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*