How The "Game" In Extreme Escape Adventure Works

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by CamulaHikari, Oct 28, 2011.

1. CamulaHikari
    OP

CamulaHikari Kami Kurai

Jul 10, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Chocolate Factory~<3

Chunsoft’s critically acclaimed visual novel Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors forced people into a numerology "game" where numbered bracelets opened doors. The sequel of sorts Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die has a game too, but the rules are different from the one in the Nintendo DS​ title.

Here’s how the Ambidex Game works. Each player has a bangle attached to them and BP (presumably bangle points) increase and decrease. Only when your BP reaches nine you can escape, but if it reaches zero or lower you die. Just like Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors players travel in groups, pairs to be specific, and the twist is you can betray each other. Before a game begins players enter their bangle in a computer and select either "cooperate" or "betray" without their partner knowing. If both players select cooperate they each get two BP. If they both select betray nothing happens to their BP. If one person picks betray and the other decides to cooperate, the betrayed player loses two BP and the traitor gets three BP.

A few more details about the captured characters are out, but there are some Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors spoilers below. Just a heads up for people who haven’t played the first game yet.

[​IMG]
    Dio is a self-righteous troublemaker. He has a rude way of talking and apparently a soft spot. Dio appears to have picked up a stray kitten on a rainy day.

Tenmyouji is a stubborn old man and the sole survivor of a murder. He used to work at a research facility that was building a probe to explore Mars where the incident took place. It appears there is a connection between the Ambidex Game and his past work.

K lost his memory and doesn’t know his real name or age. He’s always logical and has a robot-like personality.

Yotsuba has a wild personality and has been involved in a similar situation twice before. She also knows Alice from the Nevada desert.

Quark is a ten year old boy with an innocent nature who may be infected with a virus. Even though he is not related to Tenmyouji he sticks with him.

Luna is a twenty year old woman. She has a pacifist personality and holds a physicians license.

Alice has a body made of "ICE9"…

Zero the Third is the game master will penalize players who break the rules. This isn’t the "real" Zero though…

:arrow:Source

2. Windaga

Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    New England
    "Alice has a body made of ICE9"

I can't wait to play this. I really hope it localizes soon after release. I wonder what the features are for each system - or if it's just going to be a straight port. Unless they plan on using each system's unique strengths (the rear touchpad for the Vita and the 3D screen for the 3DS), I can't imagine the two games being much different. Though I will say that I did enjoy having the "history text" on the bottom screen as it didn't obscure the main screen - so I wonder how they'll tackle that on the Vita.

Either way, SUPER STOKED. 999 was awesome.

3. GreatZimkogway

GreatZimkogway Still a Touhou Fanatic

Jul 21, 2009
    United States
    Senkai
    Well I just came a bit. Sounding really good, I greatly look forward to it.

4. Ron

Ron somehow a weeb now.

Dec 10, 2009
    Canada
    here
    Who's Alice?

Anyways, can't wait. 999 was awesome, the new game mechanic seems interesting..

5. gifi4

gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Apr 21, 2010
    Melbourne
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

6. Ron

Ron somehow a weeb now.

Dec 10, 2009
    Canada
    here
    I know, I meant, who in the picture is Alice?

7. Jolan

Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Mar 20, 2010
    Netherlands, currently
    Probably the 2nd person from right to left.

8. ferofax

ferofax End of the World

Jan 26, 2009
    Philippines
    anybody who got 999's true ending would recognize Alice (or Allice, or All-ice, aka Ice-9) in the roster shot.

Looks like Yotsuba really is Clover (the name means something like "four leaves").

9. HaniKazmi

HaniKazmi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 30, 2008
    Manchester
    So it's confirmed as a sequel?
    It better get a damn fast localisation, 999 is one of the best ds games.

10. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Lord of the Seven Kingdoms

Mar 20, 2010
    Netherlands
    Vlissingen
    Thanks for the information! I'm really looking forward to this. :D