ROM Hack How start hacking Dragon Ball - Attack Of The Saiyan ?

anotherjoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all,

not so long time ago I've got and finished this game, that for me is just excellent (also cause I'm a fan of DB). So I want to expand my gaming experience and the only way to do this, I think, is tring to hack it.

I took a look at the general hacking tutorial, but I came out quite disoriented. I do not think being able to do any hack, even simple. Learning this kind of procedures may be too long for me and my poor brain.

But, since hope is the last to die, I would like an opinion about the way I mean to hack the game. I've seen j-rpg games, expecially about Pokemon, drastically modified, and others that have even an editor of levels (yes, I mean Mario). I have no idea of ​​the work behind them, obviously, but maybe there are some chance to get something with a bit of diligence.

What I mean to do is:

- choose the exact values of all parameters about fighters in the range of possible values (there are some cheats that level up all parameters at the maximum level, I need to choose myself every single value in every moment during the game): Level (1 - 99), HP(0001 - 9999), KI(0001 - 9999). There are others, but
these may suffice.

- create combat sessions with the enemies I choose, possibly with their HP value I choose. My intention is to include more than one boss you meet during the game in a single fight session.The top would be to create a combats editor.

- play the game controlling enemies.

This is my complete (dream) scheme.

If someone has some kind of advice about how starting (especially what software use) and whether, considering the amount of work, would say if I'd better launch into this adventure or not, I'm here.

Thanks very much!

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Search around for tools, information and firstly whether its been done before.
Secondly do you have any experience rom hacking and editing? If not, dont expect this to be an easy run if you can hack it.

anotherjoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Search around for tools, information and firstly whether its been done before.
Secondly do you have any experience rom hacking and editing? If not, dont expect this to be an easy run if you can hack it.

only a few things:

- ok, let's say I haven't experience of any hack. But there are surely hacks easier than others (for example, the first point of my scheme, if you take consideration of the fact that someone has already find out the cheats for maximum parameters).

- to start, what tool may I consider first than the others? There will be a "core tool" indispensable for this kind of operations.

Thanks

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
only a few things:

- ok, let's say I haven't experience of any hack. But there are surely hacks easier than others (for example, the first point of my scheme, if you take consideration of the fact that someone has already find out the cheats for maximum parameters).

- to start, what tool may I consider first than the others? There will be a "core tool" indispensable for this kind of operations.

Thanks
http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-ultimate-nintendo-ds-rom-hacking-guide.291274/
Not sure how much help it will be but start there! ^
My only experience rom hacking is in pokemon games and theres loads of custom made tools for that, for DBZ not sure.
If the cheats for parameters and such are there, u just need to discover how they did it,
If i can help in any other way tell me, but for now this is all i can think of dude.

Rom hacking of any kind is hard work, its easy to make a mistake and screw alot of things up, take your time and have fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1