How quick have G6 been with updates in the past?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Destructobot, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Destructobot
    OP

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    I just got a G6 lite about a week ago and I'm new to the flash cart thing, so could someone who's been around for a while tell me how quickly the G6 team have updated their software in the past to fix high profile incompatibities? They seem to have a reputation for being pretty quick about it.

What I want to know is, does it usually take them less than a week? Less than two weeks? Less than a month?

2. tama_mog

tama_mog Kupo

May 6, 2006
    United States
    usually could range from a couple days to 2 weeks. But with this last onslaught of games, they've had their hands full and haven't released one as of it recently.

3. Deaddy

Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 10, 2004
    Canada
    They used to put one out 1-2 days after a popular game came out that didn't work. I guess Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam isn't motivating them or they had a setback. Arr I hope it comes soon.

4. samred

samred GBAtemp Regular

May 30, 2006
    United States
    Is there an e-mail address that they can be reached? Perhaps the G6 team just figures that this "Tony Hawk" person isn't that big a deal to gamers since he's not in an RPG and a few more letters of concern and request may help?

5. Deaddy

Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 10, 2004
    Canada
    I wrote to them at this address last week: info@g6flash.com

I got a response on Monday:
    "Thanks for your information. We will try it later."

So at least they should be aware.

6. Destructobot
    OP

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    tama_mog: Thanks for the info & quick reply.

samred: I emailed them saying the game doesn't work and asked when an update would be available. I'm expecting a "when it's done" response, unless the software is released before they reply. The Tony Hawk games seem like they would be a big deal to the flash cart companies, but maybe they aren't as popular in the east.

7. Ragone

Ragone Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2006
    United States
    Last software update was beginning of October I think

8. Destructobot
    OP

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    They answered my email:
    Not a very detailed reply, but very quick. Less than half an hour. At least they know the problem exists.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice