Hardware How often do you break the 3d effect?

How often do you lose the 3d effect (due to moving the system)?

• Never

Votes: 30 33.7%
  • > 15 minutes

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • every 5 - 15 minutes

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • every 2-5 minute

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • every 1-2 minutes

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • more than once per minute

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I can't see the 3d or dont use it

Votes: 7 7.9%

• Total voters

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't even see the 3D, putting it on waste's battery for some gimmicky little effects.

For some areas in Super Mario 3D land, you can really get confused if 3D isn't turned on.

Good to know Nintendo assumes Nintendo see's their gimmicky 3D just fine.
Just because you (and pretty much you alone :P) can't see it, that doesn't make it a gimmick.

Not really, there are quite a few who can't see it, but yes it is a gimmick.
Let's just say that's true. Lots of people, including myself, can see it very clearly. The problem is on your end.

And like i said, not everyone sees it, people on other forums also can't see it. Even if i could see it, i would have it off anyway because it's a waste of battery life and a dumb gimmick.

"lol IZ LIKE IZ POPPIN OUT MA SCREEN"

Man nintendo must feel special/

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't even see the 3D, putting it on waste's battery for some gimmicky little effects.

For some areas in Super Mario 3D land, you can really get confused if 3D isn't turned on.

Good to know Nintendo assumes Nintendo see's their gimmicky 3D just fine.
Just because you (and pretty much you alone :P) can't see it, that doesn't make it a gimmick.

Not really, there are quite a few who can't see it, but yes it is a gimmick.
Let's just say that's true. Lots of people, including myself, can see it very clearly. The problem is on your end.
Not technically, the 3DS's 3D works differently to say 3D movies so one might be able to see a 3D movie and sit there watching for hours and hours but they can't look at the 3DS's 3D at all so just because you can see the 3DS's 3D without problems doesn't mean other people are the same.

I can watch 3D movies fine but I get headaches from the 3DS's 3D.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you buy it then? The technology is extremely advanced, it's not something somebody just threw together.

I didn't buy it, my brother did, i play his sometimes. When i do i turn the 3D effect off. Sometimes being too advanced is a bad thing. Nintendo is still concentrating on trying to be different and gimmicky. Wiimote crap, 3DS, the Wii U with it's screen on the controller, etc.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Why would you buy it then? The technology is extremely advanced, it's not something somebody just threw together.
The 3D on the 3DS is optional and I can't stress that enough since no one somehow understands the word optional. So lets have a nice dictionary description from a quick Google search of the word "optional".

op·tion·al/ˈäpSHənl/
Adjective: Available to be chosen but not obligatory.
Synonyms: facultative - elective - permissive - voluntary

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

I didn't buy it, my brother did, i play his sometimes. When i do i turn the 3D effect off. Sometimes being too advanced is a bad thing. Nintendo is still concentrating on trying to be different and gimmicky. Wiimote crap, 3DS, the Wii U with it's screen on the controller, etc.
Wow, you really hate everything different. Nintendo branches out from the standard gaming methods, where other companies just do the same thing for decades, but with better graphics.

@Just Another Gamer: It's optional, but it's what makes it stand out from other systems. If you don't care about the 3D (or can't even see it), a DSi/Vita would be a better choice.

Reactions: 1 person

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
@Just Another Gamer: It's optional, but it's what makes it stand out from other systems. If you don't care about the 3D (or can't even see it), a DSi/Vita would be a better choice.
So someone can't buy the 3DS just for the games?

Lol thats quite illogical, games usually aren't multi-platform except for home consoles which is usually shared between the PS, Xbox and PC but portable ones aren't just like if I want to play Devil Survivor I have to have a DS but if I wanted to play Persona then I need a PS2 or PSP. Its stupid to ask a gamer to miss out on a game just because they don't use the optional feature on the console, like my Vita can use a twitter app but it doesn't mean I have to use it, it just means I can if I choose to.

Reactions: 1 person

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wow, you really hate everything different. Nintendo branches out from the standard gaming methods, where other companies just do the same thing for decades, but with better graphics.

@[member='Just Another Gamer']: It's optional, but it's what makes it stand out from other systems. If you don't care about the 3D (or can't even see it), a DSi/Vita would be a better choice.

I don't hate everything different, but i get annoyed when i want to just play a normal game and it has some gimmicky crap. The Wiimote where i am forced to use motions to play games when the games would be more fun using the normal buttons, Sonic Unleashed Wii, Skyward Sword is a whole other story in which Nintendo annoys me, being forced to use the touch screen if a game would be more fun while using the normal controls. The fact that the controller for the Wii U will probably be overpriced because it comes with a screen in it. I am sure the screen will be shoe horned into things. Though it could probably be used cooly in games,

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I play with 3D on without any problems, but it depends on what I'm playing and where I'm playing, for example Street Fighter is horrible with 3D on and it's impossible to play with 3D if your on the go like on a bus.

Also for those who experience ghosting, try sitting in a slightly lit room with the screen brightness turned to low/medium, ghosting occurs when light escapes through the parallax barrier which happens when the screen is displaying an image where there's a big difference between light and dark, like when having Navi in front of a black background in OoT.

I usually play in these conditions so I rarely experience it. The only game where I feel it's a problem is when playing certain parts of RE, like when you have a bright light shining on Jill while being in a dark area.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Ghosting will still be there though, tilt the 3DS 90 degrees and move it up and down to see left and right images separately. Or hold the 3DS normally, close an eye and turn it left and right. I don't know the science behind it but apparently some effects don't translate well especially against dark backgrounds on the screen which create this ghosting effect. That or they dun goof'd during development and game needed more through testing.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
3DS has a 3D feature?
I wouldn't know since i've had it on for about 2 minutes total.
lol nice troll

Troll =/= truth

3D is a useless feature. It would have been a lot more awesome if they had focused time and resources on something more useful and worthwhile.
I kinda wanted an LED screen that is x2 the size of the DS, 2 analog sticks so you don't have to use that add-on and better battery life.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?