Hacking How much games Can i fit?

kaska

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have a 1 gig microsd card and I think that nintendo's way of counting memory is different. Anyways how will i know how much more games i can put into the memory card or that I have gone over?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That is not possible to "overload" you memory card, perhaps it's time you research the difference between byte and bit instead. Quick pointer for you, 8 bits = 1 byte. Your sd card is in bytes (gigabytes) and nds roms are labeled in bits (ex. 256 mbits). Do the math and do a search next time for a question asked over 2000 times on this forum.

aletorchic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
That is not possible to "overload" you memory card, perhaps it's time you research the difference between byte and bit instead. Quick pointer for you, 8 bits = 1 byte. Your sd card is in bytes (gigabytes) and nds roms are labeled in bits (ex. 256 mbits). Do the math and do a search next time for a question asked over 2000 times on this forum.
8 bits = 1 byte, that's correct (8 b = 1 B)
what changes also in the way of counting memory is the meaning of prefixes like "k" , "M", "G" (note that k is lowercase while M and G are capitalized.
for ROMs these prefixes are based on raising 2 two some power (I'm not English, I hope you understand); i.e. 1k =2^10= 1024, 1M = 1024*1024 = 2^20 = 1048576....
For SD and CF makers 1 MByte = 1,000,000 bytes, 1GByte = 1,000,000,000 and so on;

a 512Mbits ROM is 64 MB (MegaBytes) as said by azndragonguy115 , but with M based on powers of 2;
so you will be able to fit only 7 (and not 8 !) 512Mbits games on a 512 MBytes SD or CF memory card

kaska

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is not possible to "overload" you memory card, perhaps it's time you research the difference between byte and bit instead. Quick pointer for you, 8 bits = 1 byte. Your sd card is in bytes (gigabytes) and nds roms are labeled in bits (ex. 256 mbits). Do the math and do a search next time for a question asked over 2000 times on this forum.

So are you saying that i can fit as much as my memory card until windows tells me theres no more space on the mem card?

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
That is not possible to "overload" you memory card, perhaps it's time you research the difference between byte and bit instead.  Quick pointer for you, 8 bits  = 1 byte.  Your sd card is in bytes (gigabytes) and nds roms are labeled in bits (ex. 256 mbits).  Do the math and do a search next time for a question asked over 2000 times on this forum.

So are you saying that i can fit as much as my memory card until windows tells me theres no more space on the mem card?

I like that, whenever someone asks

"How many games can I fit on a 1GB card"

say

"As many as it will take till there is no more space"

Honestly, does this question have to circulate as much as it does? your question, kaska, just needs some insight such as the kind that tama_mog-izzle has provided
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: so i can rest peacefully