How much do you care?

Hello Tempers!

With winter around the corner, you might be getting ready to face the cold or if you are lucky enough to dwell in the south hemisphere, then I bet you can’t wait for summer. Either way, video games and their great community and media will provide you good company. But how much do you care about them?

Do-You-Care-logo-200x217.png

Well, to play video games, you need to have a console to play them and one that works. And for that, a minimum amount of caring is required. Granted, you might not be able to avoid the yellowing of some of your retro consoles but the least you could do is dust your console off, avoid dropping it or abstain from poking the lens. I remember being constantly being reminded of the latter by my cousins when playing the PSX. Thankfully now those console-making companies provide some ‘How-tos’ about console maintenance. Do you do as much?

Computer-Cobwebs.jpg

However, sometimes considering circumstances those extra care can’t be applied. For instance, I’ve recently been travelling and won’t be home for quite some time, so to keep my consoles from becoming dust boxes, I’ve packed them in… well… boxes. And whenever my travel, I bring my faithful handhelds and really I’m not sure about their safety/handling in the plane's cargo hold. So I always carry them in my hand luggage, packed within their carry cases and of course, charged.

Good! You now have a clean and working console. What about their games? They need some maintenance too! You might have already been faced with the dying batteries of your older Nintendo cartridges but the internet has nice enough users to guide you to change them. Well, you might also have mistakenly been blowing on your cartridges thinking it’d get them to play. Oh and take care not to scratch your video game disks, especially the underside. Just saying! :)

tumblr_nqfho2m2ZH1rui1mvo1_500.gif

If you are here then you know that video games are not just about their consoles and games. There’s a whole community and associated media based around our favorite hobby. They feed us with news from the gaming world and also provide opportunities to meet new people. Which sources are you favorites? And how much do you care about them? Are you a faithful subscriber to a Youtube channel, watching all of its videos and participating in the comments? Or do you rather enjoy reading gaming-related articles, be it in magazines or websites and subscribe or sign-up for them? Such ways of showing your appreciation to the work of those people is definitely an encouragement. But whether on this website and its forums or other similar sites, be cool and play it nice. It helps to be friendly! Nobody’s getting anywhere by being arrogant and/or mean.

sonic_thumbs_up_drawing_sm.jpg

Now Tempers, how do you take care of this hobby of yours? Do you clean your consoles on a regular basis? Or just when the dust accumulates? Or better yet, does your Mum do it for you? Or any other extra tip you might have for giving our consoles an everlasting shine? And for your gaming-related magazines, do you let them pile up or dust them off every so often? Let us know about them all in the comments!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr