Hacking How much are you willing to pay for a flash cart?

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depends on whether it would be good or not

need to see reviews and how it fares with nintendo's inevitable patching

$100+ for something nice, but they will be cheap because it's in the manufacturing

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
i'll wait until there's some worthwhile homebrew out there, or at least an interpretor (a la microluads - sorry, no accent keys on my desktop....) to try out my own concoctions.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One the one hand, flash carts save you £££$$$ on the games you would buy, even if you were just trying before buying as quite often games are...shit.

On the other flash carts ruin games for me, I have only completed a couple of games i've pirated but i've completed the majority of games I've bought.

So for me, it would have to be no more than an RRP game
I would probably buy off the AKAIO or Acekard team (whatever they're called) since they seem most reputable and reliable.

tl;dr: £30.

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS Flash card price.... thats a tough one, it would depend on features.

SDHC up to 32GB (for the future since in 5 years I can see micro SD cards in the 32GB range getting somewhat affordable.)

Firmware upgradeable so they can't be "blocked" by Nintendo.

A mini USB port next to the micro SD slot would be awesome so you could upgrade it from a PC. (This would put it in the premium price range of $50+ but might also make it stick out a bit like the DS Gameshark)

Cheat codes built in would be nice, DS game compatibility would be nice too but I am not sure it would be possible.

We will probably know a lot more when the machine actually comes out.
smile.gif

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
baffle-boy said:
i like how cheap you all are, i'd pay $80 for it if i had to. if you think about it, a 3ds game will cost 5)+ dollars (probably around 60 something) so once you have pirated two of them, you've saved money on it.
+1

This logic should apply to anyone that has ever paid for an actual game. If you can buy a product that will allow you to have free games forever, for the price of two actual games, then that would be a steal? Wouldn't it? If you answered no, then I really hope the 3DS never gets hacked, because I can afford the games, and don't mind paying for quality releases.

wii_go

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
50 to 60 bucks will be the limit, but i've got 500 to 6OO for the launch day, too much games, not really want to wait for a flashcard... so after 3 to 6 month maybe but before... noway

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now If said flash cart excelled at everything.[Wide media format playback, perfect retro, gba, psX, n64, ds(i) emulation. With all 3ds camera & mic features available with update bypass.

I'd say my limit would be $200. And that's not being generous.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night