Gaming How many of you are waiting for....

Are you going to wait?

• Total voters

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna wait til a game comes out that I want for it. If by then there's a price drop/redesign well then that'll just be dandy.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Redesign? Good luck. There's not much to even be redesigned unless they want to include a better battery with it or something, and remove the useless backtouch.

I'm waiting for a game or two i'd actually play. If I actually cave and import Ragnarok Odyssey i'll grab a Vita.

Don't really care about a price drop or not since i'm not poor.

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
You must indeed be only person on GBA who likes kingdom hearts.

i like it as is so i got it on release. battery could last damn longer but i can live with it. what i want most is an N64 emulator but i wont be getting that soon... homebrew would be so awesome... could do DSI in portrait :D

A man can dream i suppose.

Next Ys game should be nice. all of them are pretty much.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Got the system because of Uncharted, I am totally enjoying it, and I ordered a 32GB card today as I also like video playback on the system.
32GB card, that's a lot :P
I heard Uncharted was more like a glorified tech demo, not enough content to warrant a 40GBP purchase.... But still, if you're enjoying it, be my guest :)

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I already bought mine, so I'll be enjoying it while you wait for the price drop =).

i am fine with my 3DS and will be patiently waiting for hacks emulators and a homebrew scene and by the time i even have a slight interest in a vita there will be all sorts of colours to choose from, much cheaper 3rd party memory cards and all sorts, so yeah i think at this point the only person who is silly right now is you for buying one at launch at inflamed prices.

Reactions: 1 person

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sony's confirmed there won't be price drops, so yeah. At least not any time soon apparently.

and you really believe that do you? of course they will lie so that you will buy their products now, if they told the public right now there will be a redesign everyone will stop buying the current model and they would loose money.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I already bought mine, so I'll be enjoying it while you wait for the price drop =).

i am fine with my 3DS and will be patiently waiting for hacks emulators and a homebrew scene and by the time i even have a slight interest in a vita there will be all sorts of colours to choose from, much cheaper 3rd party memory cards and all sorts, so yeah i think at this point the only person who is silly right now is you for buying one at launch at inflamed prices.
So because I can afford to buy things I'm silly for buying at launch?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean honestly there isnt any draw for me to get a PSV right right now. Maybe when there are some games that interest me or something, but not yet.

But if/when its hacked... I am very interested in what you can run on a new powerhouse handheld.

high.kaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sony's confirmed there won't be price drops, so yeah. At least not any time soon apparently.

and you really believe that do you? of course they will lie so that you will buy their products now, if they told the public right now there will be a redesign everyone will stop buying the current model and they would loose money.
Nintendo did that and they didn't lose money. I doubt Sony would lose money from announcing a price drop. Gamers would flock to stores. They didn't drop the freaking steep price for some because they feel the price fits the device and its components.

Redesign and price drops both apply to Nintendo: they've dropped the price much lower than its initial price, then released that additional gamepad or whatever.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see anything wrong with the Vita to warrant a redesign. It's a bit large but it's got a big screen and people complained when the PSP Go got a smaller screen. Its accessories are merely fluff, nothing really "game changing" like the Circle Pad Pro on the 3DS. Other than that the big thing would be internal memory (like the PSP Go) but they'd probably charge "premium" price for that and by the time this theoretically happened, memory cards (and possibly the Vita) would be cheaper.

I'm just waiting to accumulate funds for the thing. I think $250 is a reasonable price for everything, but I'll probably want $400 optimally for the system, memory card, and some games (I'll probably spend at least $40 on some PSP games that could really benefit from a second analog and the rest on some Vita games).

Nintendo did that and they didn't lose money. I doubt Sony would lose money from announcing a price drop. Gamers would flock to stores. They didn't drop the freaking steep price for some because they feel the price fits the device and its components.

Redesign and price drops both apply to Nintendo: they've dropped the price much lower than its initial price, then released that additional gamepad or whatever.

Technically they did, they're selling 3DS systems at a loss. And they only announced the price drop because of rather poor sales. While the Vita's rather stagnant in Japan I've heard it had some positive numbers in the west. If those numbers stay high then there's little reason to drop it.

The 3DS is selling well now but, again, it's selling at a loss. What matters is if they can push DS-level sales of software. Selling a million copies of SM3DL is nice, but they're not the 20+ million of NSMB yet. It could eventually get there but their banking on software.

Although Sony has learned that selling on a loss (and price drops for that matter) can do a lot for them. It practically saved the PS3. If the Vita really starts to flop like a fish out of water then they can pull some of that Sony magic again and turn a profit.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country

crazyj3ss

hmm
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll wait until it's hacked. It's useless to me until then.
There we go. Thats what im doing.

You both got that right. Until the thing is hacked, I have no use for it.
Alot of us are waiting for it to get hacked but until then those who bought it have a new toy to play with.

I'm just saying I have almost no use for it in general. Interesting to think what it might be capable of, and don't really see any games in the near future that interest me much(might be later, idk).

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users