smile.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Obviously a bit short of "8000/64" games in 64Mb size. That's 125 games, but don't forget the firmware and space for skins, etc. There aren't that many 64Mb games around anyway..

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually, 8Gb is only 1 Gigabyte. Or 1024 Megabyte. The most that it could possible fit is 16 of your 64MB games, but then you have to think about the file format, and the loader.

You may get 15 games tops.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You have to be precise with your letter casing. The magic number for gamers is 8.

If you're saying 64 Mb|it roms, then you can put in 8192 Mb / 64 Mb = 128

If you're saying 64 MB|yte roms, then you can put in 1024 MB / 64 MB = 16

This is never the case because you will always need other files in order to run the games. I'm guessing the memory AMOUNT in the G6DS is not consistently the same in every cart, so it may hold even less.
cry.gif

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just got my G6 Real in the post this morning - does it support compressed games (like the Lite's "rom trimming" option)?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You must trim the roms separately. The ROM itself does not any other special patching like the G6 Lite does. There are many trimming programs available (eg. Rominator, DSLazy, DSTokyoTrim)

pootman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't support compressed games (do any of them?)

But rom trimming isn't compression, it's snipping of the empty bytes that round the memory off to bit-boundaries: 1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128MB, it's all about addressing memory - if you have a 100MB program, you need a 128MB rom, with 28MB of empty space.
If you're thinking off asking why it isn't filled up with extra content, don't.

Anyway, rom trimming trims off the empty bits (when it's done properly) and rom trimmers have their own thread somewhere. Use the search.

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK, I know what I meant but compression was completely the wrong term. I had a G6 Lite and the Manager had a rom trim option when I added games, but with this I just thought it supported "clean dumps".

It really doesn't make much difference to me.. The G6 range are great devices all round, the 16Gb version is huge with 2 whole gigabytes and I've had no homebrew issues with either the G6 Lite or the G6 DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok