Hacking How many did the SSBB update 100%?

Hellfenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I tried the 15% trick at 15%, 20%, 25%, 50% and the brickblocker version remained unreadable so I just let it go to 100%, I put the two extra channels on the last page where I don't see them and everything is fine
biggrin.gif

Daimakaimura

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i got the News/weather channel 3 times now =p
anyway if you think about it, you'll never get those channels full because the wii only has 512Mb flashmemory

you'll never have enough space to fill up your channels with games
unless you only buy Nes games

so that's my point of view

Kestol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well...
It seems like some dont can play the when doing the 15% trick^^
So i'll better go for the full update

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
you know there's plenty of people with the legit game that did the 15% trick to run this SL copy...so you could just find out if doing the 15% stops dual layer or not, because they could go ahead and try the real game. I know I will be because mine gets here in 2 more days..but by then most people might have the pirated DL copy....or should because there's plenty of dumpers and plenty of people who have dumped it by now

Zed03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I'm gonna laugh at all the people that pulled the plug at 15% and corrupted files mid-copy. When it comes time to do a full update to get Dual Layer support on your drives, the update won't overwrite the corrupt files because they'll already have the correct version tag and date stamp.

In the future, removing channels will be possible, as they are written to public memory. However, removing corrupt files because of plug pulling (wtf?) on Wii restricted hardware memory which is used to boot, provide firmware drivers, etc... would be near impossible.

I can't believe there are actually people preaching something so stupid. You either brick block or update, not write a small percent of sectors and corrupt everything else.

sheikah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm gonna laugh at all the people that pulled the plug at 15% and corrupted files mid-copy. When it comes time to do a full update to get Dual Layer support on your drives, the update won't overwrite the corrupt files because they'll already have the correct version tag and date stamp.

In the future, removing channels will be possible, as they are written to public memory. However, removing corrupt files because of plug pulling (wtf?) on Wii restricted hardware memory which is used to boot, provide firmware drivers, etc... would be near impossible.

I can't believe there are actually people preaching something so stupid. You either brick block or update, not write a small percent of sectors and corrupt everything else.

When the update runs by putting in a non-brickblocked disc it tries to update all of it, so absolutely no problem. Don't say "I'm gonna laugh at all the people" when you haven't a shitting clue about what will happen. It is much more likely people who ran the update fully are screwed due to it being of a different region. Think before you speak.

livefigga

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
When the update runs by putting in a non-brickblocked disc it tries to update all of it, so absolutely no problem. Don't say "I'm gonna laugh at all the people" when you haven't a shitting clue about what will happen. It is much more likely people who ran the update fully are screwed due to it being of a different region. Think before you speak.

As I said earlier know one really knows for sure at this point so either of you could be wrong. Know one will know a 100% if pulling the plug at %15 or letting get to a 100% affected anything until the retail version of smash from our region is released.

sheikah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

As I said earlier know one really knows for sure at this point so either of you could be wrong. Know one will know a 100% if pulling the plug at %15 or letting get to a 100% affected anything until the retail version of smash from our region is released.

Well on BC according to the fairly famous Tusharix:

QUOTE said:
The team has a copy of the release that we received last night straight from them. We were doing final testing for them. Anyway, I will be upping a vid with all compatability in a couple hours. I'm at work now drooling over SSE and no crashes.

Then:

I can confirm D2Ckey support because that's what we were playing on. I can also confirm Cyclowiz support because that is what the team was using. We will be testing on Wiikey later today. Only thing is, the single layer was read by the wii and installed the Wii DL support update. This should take care of it having any issues playing. So to sum it up If you installed the update (even with 15% trick) w/ the dvd5 the dvd9 should work but you cannot do the update straight from the dvd9.

So really it should make no difference to those who did it at 15%, most probably at least.
smile.gif

Kestol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well we will c...
50% of the people did the 100% update.. And the other half the 15% trick...
Only in a month's time we will know if that affected something or not =)

StacMaster-S

Trophies
Website
www.halolz.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm not sure why everyone is so worried about the 15% trick... it has worked successfully in the past for several other major releases and we've yet to have any real repercussions.

Personally I prefer having my OS stay as close to 3.1U... so I did the 15% trick.

hackeruk

Trophies
XP
Country
kk cheers i think i will try the 15% trick then but im not great on percentage so i will prob get it wrong lol but i have a PAL wii and i dunno if it works

haruk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't see people ever able to remove them either, unless we can somehow find out a way to get custom firmware on the wii

Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
Back when the Wii came out, I had crappy wifi support for where my wii is, and for the first 3 or 4 updates on the wii I had to pull the plug on the system an upwards of ten times per update in order to get a decent enough internet connection (obtained via luck) to download the entire thing. Never had a problem booting the wii at any point. This is all pre-mod of course.

spikerz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTSC USA did the full jap update, got the 2 news and weather channels, everything works fine including Brawl! Only thing is the date is funky..something like 2 FebMon2Tues2Wed or like that. Then tried to go to Wii settings to change the calender, but can't access Wii SETTINGS anymore. Not TOO worried yet, since everything works great, but not sure how this will affect things in the future. Been playing the dvd5 release and currently dl-ing the dvd9 to try that one as well. Have openwii latest update from SMG.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.