Gaming How long have you been using your DS?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my orginal DS Phat in the summer of 2005. I played it quite a bit. I dont think i had a flash cart when i had the Phat. But in the winter of 2007 i joined here and bought my first flashcart. soon after i got a used DS lite. The R4. I used my ds soooo much after that. Its kinda a no brainer. There are almost 5000 roms out there and you think your going to be bored with a flash kart? NO WAY!

My current state of my ds is a new clear plastic shell. My hinge busted off of the old black used lite i bought. So i use a few un orthadox methods to keep it together and then eventually broke down and did the case mod.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i got my DSi last september and actually only started playing it this july, coz i couldn't afford anything til i bought my ak2i. so far, it's cool, though.

biggins1870

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a DSPhat back in January '06 and used it until early '09 when I learned about the world of flashcarts. Then I traded it in for a DS Lite and got an R4 and couldn't be happier. (until I recently upgraded to an Acekard 2i with AKAIO)

Play it nearly everyday before turning in for the night. Great way to unwind from my day at work.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been using my DS Phat for nearly five years now. Thanks to flashcards, when I use it, it's generally between two and eight (I have no life) hours at a time. The DSTWO is great, being able to play GBA games really helps keep you from running out of good games.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
4 years. I think nearly 5 now.

Of that time i've mostly used a DSlite, though I switched to a DSi back in december.

Vladimir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Panzer Tacticer ...stop pretending you will give a shit about having slot 2 on a unit that is not only not worth 99 bucks, it's not worth 9 bucks…
Don't bother telling me though you can't afford it. That's the reasoning of an idiot with no patience. Just save a little longer.

Reasons i'm not buyind a DSi Xl

1.- (Main reason) I think most of the time, i will carry it on my pocket, DSi XL is way too big for my pocket.
2.- I dont think it's necessary to spend $90 bucks (If i get the DS Lite for $99) more for a bigger screen and cameras im never gonna use.

It's not that im impatient.

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ive had my DS lite for almost 3 years. The only way you will get bored of it is if you care more about graphics, play almost everyday and don't care about replay value. But in you're case, it should last you a while.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
got my DSphat sometime around 2008, and only recently acquired a DSiXL this july. my DSphat's touchscreen has a lot of shallow scratches that makes it look all fuzzy, but other than that and a cracked right hinge (thank god for a thick left hinge on them phats!), it's perfectly fine and works well as a FAQ reader and for local multi (and GBA games as well).

Jasonese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Almost six years now. I still have the old silver DSPhat from when they first came out. After years of dropping it on the floor, down stairs, dropping stuff on it, and spilling stuff on it, it works perfectly fine pretty well.

I can't close it anymore or else the game will most likely freeze within 10mins. The paint is also beginning to chip off. The touchscreen will occasionally malfunction and detect everywhere I tap as if I touched on the far right on that spot. It can fix during gameplay or if I leave the DS alone for a few hours to days with no card in.

Sressiv

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have my DS lite 3 years now, it never bored me (keep copying new roms to my flashcard)
and its still looking good, exept the touch screen. my little sister has a DS lite too, almost since when I got it, and her touch screen looks way better
hate2.gif

you should really get a DS lite, if you don't use the camera.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have my ds lite second hand on 2008 (cant remember when allready) and a friend of mine has a pre ordered silver phat ds and still working

Tokyo Jihen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got my DS Phat a month after it's release and it's been keeping me occupied ever since. I have a DS Lite that my cousin gave me and I've been using that for a year. I use to play a lot when I was younger, but for the past year (until a couple weeks ago) I barely played it. I guess it's that I just got busier, or that I started using my computer more often. But anyway, I've probably logged like a thousand hours...

Bluestainedroses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had two DS lites. The first one was a white DS lite i bought in september '06. I loaned it to my sister and she throwed it against a wall ; ~;. After 6 months of waiting. I got my silver DS lite together with my DSTT card. And i have been playing daily, or atleast trying to, since then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night