Gaming How long have you been using your DS?

Vladimir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
(I was really trying to decide where to put this topic, i hope it was on this one)

Well, here's the thing. I wanted to know, for how long you guys been using your Nintendo DS.

I'm asking this, since i'm really interested about getting one, because in the next 2 weeks, i'll be from 9 AM to 9 PM on work and college, and i need something to play with on the many busses im gonna take everyday, and on the time gaps between classes on college.

The reason i'm not sure about getting one is: i've seen a lot of people who has his DS on the closet without never playing it, and they say "They got bored of it".
I am worried if this is also gonna happen to me, because i'm really short on money (house expenses are high), and im not gonna be able to spend money on videogames for a long time, so i really need to make a good choice.

So, that is why i'm asking the title question. Also, have you really enjoyed your Nintendo DS for a long time? Or its just fun just for a little time?

I am planning to buy the Nintendo DS Lite with the DStwo card, i'm just waiting to find a store that has a Ds Lite (new) offer for $99 or even less (Some stores have sold it NEW for $69).

Also, one of my main interests bout the DS, is emulation, i mean, it would be awesome to play all my GB/GBC/GBA, NES, SNES and Genesis roms on a portable console anywhere i want.

I really hope SC-DStwo team manage to release their SNES emulator taking full advantage of its dstwo card processor, so we can run SNES roms at full-speed (even the fx-chipped ones). Just think about it, playing Mario RPG on a portable console, just a dream come true.

So what you guys think, is the DS fun gonna last for a long time?

Thanks in advance.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure that if you get a DSTWO, then it'll probably be loads of fun. Those people who keep it in the closet probably don't have any flashcarts.

BTW, the DSTWO SNES emulator's not released yet, and the currently available Genesis emulator (which is not a DSTWO emulator) isn't that good.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought my black DS lite the week they became available in the US. Still works fine. I had a launch DS phat before that.

You'll get bored of any single game after awhile.....just play a different game. Get yourself a flashcart and have thousands of games to choose from.

Just don't expect PC or PS3/X-Box quality games on the handheld and you'll be fine.

Falcon27252

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had my DS Lite for about 2-3 years (the screen is amost breaking off
sad.gif
). The main reason you'll ever get bored of it is from playing the same game over and over.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got a Lite in December 2008 and thats the one I have now. I enjoyed it a lot once I got my first flashcart (February 2009, R4DS), but now I usually just use it for quick plays when I'm bored.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm, bought my DS Phat somewhen between Summer and Winter 2005, been playing on it since then, it's still working perfect (I bought it from a friend, so it was used already then, didn't break once) and I'm playing almost every day.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
got my DS phat the christmas after it was released and it slowly died, touch screen scratched(didn't use screen protectors), no games working and hinge broke so I got a DS Lite and an R4, considering I have a flashcart I don't get bored of the games and when I do I just download different ones =)
So in my opinion, a DS with a flashcart would be good for you!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm actually on my 4th DS now.
Years ago I got the launch DS Phat from japan, which tied me over well, up until the DS lite came out.
There I imported the japanese White launch DS Lite, and that worked well for a while, but it eventually succumbed to overuse, Slot-1 was getting faulty, the D-pad was unresponsive, and it was overall degrading.
For Christmas that year I got my European Silver DS Lite as a replacement, and that is still holding up very well, and I still use it for the occasional GBA game or trading of pokémon.
Now, I'm playing on my launch european Black DSi, I bought it on an impulse and honestly don't regret it. The screens are better, the buttons are better, it's just a much MUCH nicer bit of hardware, even if I haven't used DSiWare in forever or hardly use the cameras.

I've also gone through a number of flashcarts along the way, in 2007 I bought my first authentic R4DS, with 1gb memory and fast shipping for bloody $80! I also bought a Supercard Lite for GBA games, but ultimately ended up using it mostly for dumping DS roms. Soon after, I bought a CycloDS that has served me very well, but was not an option for my DSi, around the same time I bought an EZ Flash 3in1, which was a GBA dream.
There I bought my first Acekard 2i, which gradually got much better with AKAIO updates. I had bought 2 M3i zeros thinking it might be like the CycloDS but was sorely disappointed in them, and kept using the Acekard 2i. Eventually after a year of use, the Acekard started to wear down and I bought a replacement one. When Shoptemp launched I bought a 1:1 R4 clone from Shoptemp, out of curiosity of Wood R4 and was very impressed. Now, I've ordered a Supercard DStwo that'll arrive hopefully in two weeks, right now I'm not planning for it to replace my Acekard 2i, but instead function primarily for SNES emulation and such.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trust us when we say that DS handhelds are a LOT of fun, and they are even more fun with a good flashcart.

Don't worry about not using it after buying it, because there are so many good games out, and even better games are coming in the near future.

I have had a DS Phat since the end of 2004 (I think) and it still works perfectly. I got a DS Lite in December 2008, and it WOULD have worked perfectly today, had I not completely destroy it in a very sad attempt of a case change.
frown.gif
My DSi from launch has been working perfectly, and my DSi XL (I'm a big fan of Nintendo) is my current handheld.

Just get one!
smile.gif

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've had different DS's through the years and I've never got bored with them. Broke my DSPhat with too much playing
tongue.gif
, my DSLite White hinge broke and went to my local game shop and now I have DSLite Crimson/Black and use it nearly everyday~! There are quite a few fun games, but some do get bored after a while. Luckily enough the DS collection is quite big, so I'm sure you always find something to play~!

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I got my PokePark Original DS on May 2006. I bought a DS Lite on January 2007. I bought a DSi on May 2009.

Ive been enjoying all my DSs for almost 4 years. BUt I kept it sometime as im bored or occupied by something else

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I have a launch day (so that was what the end of 2004 or something) and a lauch day DSi (april 2008 or 9 can't remember, need to sleep) and both are fine. I generally use at least one of them every day (depending on which one has to be recharged).

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I became a DS owner in 2006.

Most of my games took their time in showing up though. Bought it all because of Panzer Tactics.

My advice though, buy the DSi XL and stop pretending you will give a shit about having slot 2 on a unit that is not only not worth 99 bucks, it's not worth 9 bucks.

Seriously, I have an AK2i and I can play all the damn games (if I wanted to). I lost not one thing of worth going from the DS Lite to the DSi XL and the larger screen is so utterly worth it.

Don't bother telling me though you can't afford it. That's the reasoning of an idiot with no patience. Just save a little longer.

Didu50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought my Metallic blue DSI on black friday. Bought an acekard about a month ago and now I'm addicted to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: