Gaming How likely is it that a 360 is un-flashable?

Foxle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of getting an XBox 360, which I fully intend to flash it's DVD drive. However, I've heard that some models have unflashable DVD drives in them. Is it generally tied to one model, or just newer machines in general, etc. I'm thinking about getting an XBox 360 Arcade in September after the price drop, but I don't want to come home to discover that it'll cost me $60 per game. Any advice and or links you guys have to share? I know GBATemp is generally a Nintendo site, so links to an XBox modding community would also be welcome.

EDIT: GAH! I can't believe I wrote down Hard Drive instead of DVD Drive. That's it, no more early morning posting for me!

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You are getting it wrong, you don't flash the Hard Drive. You flash the dvd drive.

It is very likely because Microsoft are now sending 360 models which have a Lite-on drive which is unflashable....Yet.

Someone on IRC on some channel might has found away to flash it/ But right now, Lite-on's are not flashable. You will most likely get a lite-on when you buy your 360.

Xbox-scene is a good place for this sort of thing.

Foxle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prime said:
You are getting it wrong, you don't flash the Hard Drive. You flash the dvd drive.

It is very likely because Microsoft are now sending 360 models which have a Lite-on drive which is unflashable....Yet.

Someone on IRC on some channel might has found away to flash it/ But right now, Lite-on's are not flashable. You will most likely get a lite-on when you buy your 360.

Xbox-scene is a good place for this sort of thing.

Thanks for the help. Man, I can't believe I wrote hard drive down instead of DVD drive >

bestperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do modchips work in the liteon systems?

has there been any development with the person on IRC hacking the liteon?

I'm also getting ready to buy a 360 and I've been watching www.360drives.com and notice that some people are still having luck in retail stores finding benQs. Do you think after this price cut it will still be possible to find benq systems in retail stores?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Modchips don't work on the lite-on. Nothing works on it at the moment , you get one , and no copied games for now.

As for development on the drive , other than C4EVA saying it can be done , no one except those doing it know anything more. Keep a check on the thread about the drive on xbox-scene , that's where the most up to date info is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: