Hacking How is M3 zero better than Acekard 2i?

shrinkhead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's not out yet but seems like some people already have M3 zero, and many have suggested M3 zero instead of Acekard 2i. Can someone post the advantage of M3 over Acekard? Thanks

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
you'll be seeing a video by me coming out within the next day or two, so if you're interested in getting a hands on look, subscribe to my videos
wink.gif

hyun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sakura Vs AKAIO

Rom compatibility : AKAIO
Better Firmware : Sakura
Loading speed: AKAIO
Music/Video : Sakura
Design of the firmware : Sakura
Better firmware providing : AKAIO

The people who likes sakura is mostly because of the firmware.
It's neat and cool.
The people who likes AKAIO is mostly because they can play games really good.
Very good firmware providing Unlike Sakura.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
however, if talking about differences of the firmware? i won't be comparing about menu, interface, speed, neat, video, music and etc...
because it is pointless! at the end of the day? why did you get a flash cart?
i guess 99% of us is for playing the game
so as long it boots the game you want and provide the quickest fix on problematic games!
thats the best firmware!

i always wonder how long do you guys stay/stare on your flash cart menu before you decided to boot a game?
any of you would like ... my m3 skin/interface looks so cool~! i love my m3 ...
adore it for couple of minutes and finally decided is time to play some game?

i also wonder if any of the less appealing menu will lead you to do the following ->
hate2.gif

whereas updatable? lets talk about it when Nintendo decide to block all dsi flash cart
smile.gif

PharaohsVizier said:
Heh, but keep in mind that the difference between all of those categories is by nothing more than a hair, and some of those are far from definitive as well. I'd say that design of firmware, you can argue that it goes either way, and same with better firmware, etc.

The main reason I think M3i Zero is better is just because it offers RTS without a crappy slow ass menu. The fact that the menu competes one to one with AKAIO makes it even better.

i agree!
the features of m3 zero can easily kick ak2i ass
smile.gif

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
sakura firmware is better, being based off of moonshell 2 with better dpg decoding and multimedia playing in general. it has RTS and is updatable should it need to be.

AKAIO however, has a few nice added features (like updatable cheatbase/loaders through wifi), and I particularly like how instant the response is when I navigate around the folders.

I personally prefer sakura over the acekard easily.

Panic101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Listen, just because one firmware updates more than the other doesn't mean that it's better by any means. If something is updating frequently, it is because it constantly needs fixing. How does that sound?

So what if M3Sakura doesn't update as much as AKAIO. It simply means it doesn't need as much fixing as the Acekard. IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT.

AxBattler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hyun said:
Sakura Vs AKAIO

Rom compatibility : AKAIO
Better Firmware : Sakura
Loading speed: AKAIO
Music/Video : Sakura
Design of the firmware : Sakura
Better firmware providing : AKAIO

The people who likes sakura is mostly because of the firmware.
It's neat and cool.
The people who likes AKAIO is mostly because they can play games really good.
Very good firmware providing Unlike Sakura.
Sorry to bump this thread, but I am deciding between the M3i Zero and the Acekard 2i hence I am very interested in the differences between Sakura and AKAIO.

Sakura sounds really good, but in the end, I need a flashcart to play games, primarily, everything else counts but is secondary.

Hence I am wondering if anyone could substantiate the claims above with a list of games that work on one but not the other.

AxBattler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, I will definitely look up some videos on YouTube (I'll definitely welcome if you or anyone can recommend a particular video that does a good job showcasing each, but I'll do my own search too).

In regard to 'Better Firmware', does that only refers to menu interface (look, speed, design), or does that also include gaming related functionality/features?

Lastly, based on their history, do you think that both teams will support their product for a while? I can definitely live with games taking a bit longer to be patched, as long as they are eventually (say a month, even two though no longer). Thanks again.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
iwakura said:
sakura firmware is better, being based off of moonshell 2 with better dpg decoding and multimedia playing in general. it has RTS and is updatable should it need to be.

AKAIO however, has a few nice added features (like updatable cheatbase/loaders through wifi), and I particularly like how instant the response is when I navigate around the folders.

I personally prefer sakura over the acekard easily.
Ehh... Sakura was designed and produced long before Moonshell 2 was, and also Moonshell 2 was based off Sakura. Do moar research..

Also another thing:
>Better firmware providing : AKAIO
Implying Dentsu3000's (And people who worked on translations) work has been in vain.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What someone else may like you may not. To be honest its personal taste, you may well have said what is better apples or oranges.

The answer would have course been oranges, no apples, no oranges... oh damn

AxBattler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi PharaohsVizier. I had a look at both you're videos and iwakura videos.

Could you please expand on the most important features available in AKAIO that are absent Sakura, and the relevance of those features in practice. For instance, I believe that Cut/Copy/Paste is fairly unique to AKAIO or at least rare, but I am not sure if they are frequently used features for most.

Also I've seen things like Trim/Patch ROM in AKAIO - are those also missing in Sakura? And again, are they important?

Are cheat functions easier with one than another? To be honest, the only 'cheat' I've used in Emulators are Real Time Saves, so I guess that should settle my choice.

Still, the main reason I use real time saves is so that I can re-watch those 'dramatic moments' in RPGs. For that, I would need more than one save slots. Is that something the M3i Zero (or any flashcart in the market) is capable of (I don't mind the fact that they chew space)?

Thanks again!

AxBattler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi PharaohsVizier, that was very informative, thanks again.

Could you please expand on multiple saves on the AceKard. First of all, are there limits to the number of files you are allowed

Secondly, how well integrated it? The way you've described it (more beneficial to multiple users of than sole users), I picture a system where you would pick a save file before the start of the game, and be restricted to the number of saves said save slot allows. For instance, if each save files allows 3 slots, you could have 3 slots for each member of the family.

Or, is it a system where you could easily and seamlessly have more save slots while you play a game. For instance, after using up the first three slots, you could pick save to a fourth slots and it would create a new file while in game (or via some form of menu). If not, is could I work around it by closing the game, make a copy of the save game to a new one (all while using the AKAIO menu), and start saving using the second file. And are there no applications under Sakura which can accomplish something similar?

A good saving feature is a big selling point for me. I've been a spoilt by PC games where you can often saves wherever you want (real time saves) but also as much as you want (unlimited slots). When it comes down to picking only one, I may actually value tons of slots more than real time saves. I like saving before the start of every mission so that I can go back and play those missions again for instance. Yet in consoles, there are often more missions than there are slots.

AxBattler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi PharaohsVizier, that was very informative, thanks again.

Could you please expand on multiple saves on the AceKard. First of all, are there limits to the number of files you are allowed

Secondly, how well integrated it? The way you've described it (more beneficial to multiple users of than sole users), I picture a system where you would pick a save file before the start of the game, and be restricted to the number of saves said save slot allows. For instance, if each save files allows 3 slots, you could have 3 slots for each member of the family.

Or, is it a system where you could easily and seamlessly have more save slots while you play a game. For instance, after using up the first three slots, you could pick save to a fourth slots and it would create a new file while in game (or via some form of menu). If not, is could I work around it by closing the game, make a copy of the save game to a new one (all while using the AKAIO menu), and start saving using the second file. And are there no applications under Sakura which can accomplish something similar?

A good saving feature is a big selling point for me. I've been a spoilt by PC games where you can often saves wherever you want (real time saves) but also as much as you want (unlimited slots). When it comes down to picking only one, I may actually value tons of slots more than real time saves. I like saving before the start of every mission so that I can go back and play those missions again for instance. Yet in consoles, there are often more missions than there are slots.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol