Hacking How I Upgraded From Kmeaw 3.55 To Rogero 4.30 v2.05

Looking to update to CFW 4.xx? Already done so? What FW are/were you on? Post spoof/dongle notes.

• CFW ermac 3.55

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CFW geohot 3.55

• CFW rogero 3.55

• OFW 3.55

• OtherOS++

• Total voters

mechadylan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the warm welcomes @Magsor.

That being said, I haven't spitted on any CFW, all I'm doing is stating facts.
To be fair, Rogero does not have a website like Rebug so it is an unfair comparison. I don't believe you are "spitting" on Rogero, but pointing out Rebug's log details and providing your interpretations of Rogero's practices of releasing multiple CFW versions doesn't make the comparison "factual."
I don't have anything against Rogero and he has done a lot for the PS3 scene and I thank him for that and he has my respect and gratitude,
I agree. I didn't opt for Rogero CFW because I drew his name out of a hat. In all honesty, Rogero's multiple versions of CFW releases was one of the reasons that I went with it. I never interpreted the multiple versions of the same CFW as fail/patch/update, but instead saw it as the works of an active participant of the scene.
He always rushes and releases his CFW as if it's a race and it's always full of bugs when he first releases it and he has to update it multiple times to fix them. This is not good because it's bad for people to keep flashing their firmware. This is a firmware, not an app which would be very easy to update and there would be no harm in updating it as many times as you want.
Again, I agree. But consider those of us already on Rogero 4.xx.... Switching to Rebug from Rogero is quasi-dangerous by your own point of view, no?
I believe he should take his time to test his CFW properly and only release it when it's ready (which is what Rebug do) instead of releasing it and updating it multiple times. There was actually no point in releasing an incomplete 4.40 CFW now because everything still works on 4.30 CFW including PSN and latest games.
Nah, I think people should think twice about updating to the latest and greatest CFW. I've been sitting on Rogero 4.30 v2.05 and have no plans on updating to Roger 4.40; these aren't "service packs."

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
To be fair, Rogero does not have a website like Rebug so it is an unfair comparison. I don't believe you are "spitting" on Rogero, but pointing out Rebug's log details and providing your interpretations of Rogero's practices of releasing multiple CFW versions doesn't make the comparison "factual."
He does have a website, it's www.tortuga-cove.com

I agree. I didn't opt for Rogero CFW because I drew his name out of a hat. In all honesty, Rogero's multiple versions of CFW releases was one of the reasons that I went with it. I never interpreted the multiple versions of the same CFW as fail/patch/update, but instead saw it as the works of an active participant of the scene.
I disagree, releasing multiple versions is not good for anyone, people who upgrade immediately will have to upgrade multiple times which is not good and people who don't update immediately and haven't been following the release history might end up installing one of the older versions because they don't know there's a newer version. You said yourself "these aren't service packs". I believe the main reason many people (I'm not referring to you) are on Rogero CFW and think it's the best CFW out there is because it's the first one to be released and it's the only choice at that time and by the time Rebug release their stable CFW, Rogero would be on a stable version and most people would be on it and it works, that's why they start recommending it and start claiming it's the best CFW. Again, it's not about the CFW itself, Rogero's CFW would become reliable and stable eventually, it's about getting to the reliable and stable CFW and the professionalism in the work, this is where I believe Rebug have the upper hand.

Again, I agree. But consider those of us already on Rogero 4.xx.... Switching to Rebug from Rogero is quasi-dangerous by your own point of view, no?
It's not quasi dangerous at all, it's really easy and the right thing to do, you just have to follow my guide in post #42. Once on Rebug, you will never change to another CFW again ;)

Nah, I think people should think twice about updating to the latest and greatest CFW. I've been sitting on Rogero 4.30 v2.05 and have no plans on updating to Roger 4.40; these aren't "service packs."
Exactly! Btw, Rebug do release Update Packages (or "Service Packs" if you want to call them) for their CFW, so instead of having to re-install the whole CFW, you just install the Update Package which is easier and safer. For example, when 4.40 OFW was released, they released Rebug Update Package 0.1 for Rebug 4.21.x and Rebug 4.30.x which updates the built-in spoofer to 4.40. You just feel you're getting support from a professional team.

mechadylan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He does have a website, it's www.tortuga-cove.com
Lolwut
It's not quasi dangerous at all, it's really easy and the right thing to do, you just have to follow my guide in post #42. Once on Rebug, you will never change to another CFW again ;)
From your mouth to God's ears, dear sir. As I've already stated, my next PS3 will have Rebug CFW. Will I stray from Rogero on my other PS3?... probably not...for a while anyway. ;)
You just feel you're getting support from a professional team.
>professional team
>ps3 hack scene
>pick one.
I think we both know that there are no guarantees when it comes to modifying PS3 FWs. I admire your gusto, @mschumacher69; i really do. Good luck with your PS3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill