Hacking How do you save on R4?

LCampoy8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, im thinking of getting a R4 but im just curious on how you save on it. The reason why im asking is because i have a super card and the way you save on the is by pressing R+L+Select+Start but my ds' R and L buttons don't work. So ya i'm just seeing if i can save it instead of buying it and wasting money. If not is there an other flashcart that will let me save without the button activation?

thanks

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
on the supercard you can always change the hotkeys, that's what most people do when their shoulder button is broken
only R4 that I know of that can "real time save" is the R4i RTS

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You are presumably talking about real time save, all R4's which have that feature should be avoided. All are clones of one cart or another and normally have poor support it any, and hence may not be compatible with recent games.

You have the EZ-Flash Vi, but I believe it's button combination is L+R+A+B. You have the M3i Zero but it's button combination is L + R + Select or L + R + Y.

LCampoy8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so which Flashcart would you recommend for me and my situation? and any good websites i can buy it from?

oh btw i have a ds lite

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Unless you can you can remap the buttons on the Supercard, there isn't one.

If you are looking for somewhere to buy from, most would recommend ShopTemp as it is affilated with this site. The best cart with RTS is the DSTWO and according to RoMee you can remap the buttons. However, you say you already have a supercard.

If it were me, i'd try fixing the L + R buttons or get a replacement console. Not being able to use L + R would drive me up the wall.

LCampoy8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the super card i said i have is the old gba one i got a while back, i was just wondering if it saves the same way. Isn't the a flashcart that lets you save whenever the game saves? like what Hakoda said?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If don't need real time save, then you can get the 1:1 R4 from ShopTemp for $6. However, it's limited to using MicroSD cards upto 2GB.

It will allow you to save your game progress, but you have to use save points etc in the game itself rather than being able to save any time you want.

Have a look at the Wood guide in my signature and see if it does anything for you. The soft reset key combination for Wood is (A) + (B) + (L) + ® + (Down) so is something you won't be able to use.

LCampoy8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright cool, thanks. One last question would it be able to play new release? 'cause im reading that some won't let you.

I can probably go without the soft reset

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, it runs the latest releases. The Yellow Wood Goblin, author of Wood R4 has been fairly frequent with updates. The last update was around 3 weeks ago, so there will probably be an update soon. Wood is pretty popular, you just need to ensure you get an R4 which supports it (those $6 carts do)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya