How do you save on R4?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by LCampoy8, Sep 11, 2010.

Sep 11, 2010

How do you save on R4? by LCampoy8 at 2:31 AM (1,234 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. LCampoy8
    OP

Newcomer LCampoy8 Member

United States
    Hi, im thinking of getting a R4 but im just curious on how you save on it. The reason why im asking is because i have a super card and the way you save on the is by pressing R+L+Select+Start but my ds' R and L buttons don't work. So ya i'm just seeing if i can save it instead of buying it and wasting money. If not is there an other flashcart that will let me save without the button activation?

thanks

2. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    R4 has no Real-Time save like the Supercard so you have to save whenever the game lets you.

3. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    on the supercard you can always change the hotkeys, that's what most people do when their shoulder button is broken
    only R4 that I know of that can "real time save" is the R4i RTS

4. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    You are presumably talking about real time save, all R4's which have that feature should be avoided. All are clones of one cart or another and normally have poor support it any, and hence may not be compatible with recent games.

You have the EZ-Flash Vi, but I believe it's button combination is L+R+A+B. You have the M3i Zero but it's button combination is L + R + Select or L + R + Y.

5. LCampoy8
    OP

Newcomer LCampoy8 Member

United States
    so which Flashcart would you recommend for me and my situation? and any good websites i can buy it from?

oh btw i have a ds lite

6. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    Unless you can you can remap the buttons on the Supercard, there isn't one.

If you are looking for somewhere to buy from, most would recommend ShopTemp as it is affilated with this site. The best cart with RTS is the DSTWO and according to RoMee you can remap the buttons. However, you say you already have a supercard.

If it were me, i'd try fixing the L + R buttons or get a replacement console. Not being able to use L + R would drive me up the wall.

7. LCampoy8
    OP

Newcomer LCampoy8 Member

United States
    well the super card i said i have is the old gba one i got a while back, i was just wondering if it saves the same way. Isn't the a flashcart that lets you save whenever the game saves? like what Hakoda said?

8. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    If don't need real time save, then you can get the 1:1 R4 from ShopTemp for $6. However, it's limited to using MicroSD cards upto 2GB.

It will allow you to save your game progress, but you have to use save points etc in the game itself rather than being able to save any time you want.

Have a look at the Wood guide in my signature and see if it does anything for you. The soft reset key combination for Wood is (A) + (B) + (L) + ® + (Down) so is something you won't be able to use.

9. LCampoy8
    OP

Newcomer LCampoy8 Member

United States
    alright cool, thanks. One last question would it be able to play new release? 'cause im reading that some won't let you.

I can probably go without the soft reset

10. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    Yes, it runs the latest releases. The Yellow Wood Goblin, author of Wood R4 has been fairly frequent with updates. The last update was around 3 weeks ago, so there will probably be an update soon. Wood is pretty popular, you just need to ensure you get an R4 which supports it (those $6 carts do)

11. LCampoy8
    OP

Newcomer LCampoy8 Member

United States
    Thanks a lot!

12. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Which Supercard do you have right now? The DSONE/i, DSTWO, or something older?

13. LCampoy8
    OP

Newcomer LCampoy8 Member

United States
    I have the really old gba one, yea so it can't even play ds games.