ROM Hack How do you make a custom .cia patch for Smash 3DS?

D

Deleted User

Can you elaborate please? If you are asking if you can take mods to the dt and ls files and have a user install them as .cia, then no

lonzodavis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, i only wanted to add custom music to the dlc patch so it can load from there instead of repatching the rom everytime.

lonzodavis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I have a japanese 3DS with Smash, ive heard SaltySD only work on the USA one. Im looking to find an alternative way to change the dlc music for my Jpn 3DS.

MissingNO123

Jigglypuff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think if you dump and extract your code.bin from the update and patch it with these tools it should work. I remember ShinyQuagsire saying he made SaltySD region-free.

lonzodavis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you mean by patching? is there a program like an exe to run this? I'm not familular with python or anything like that. would that even work on old3ds because of RAM issues? To be honest I think just patching the dlc CIA (since the music is loaded from there anyway) would work best.

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you mean by patching? is there a program like an exe to run this? I'm not familular with python or anything like that. would that even work on old3ds because of RAM issues? To be honest I think just patching the dlc CIA (since the music is loaded from there anyway) would work best.
For SaltySD you just run one command at this point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la