Hardware How do you absolutely remove screws from a New 3DS XL's backplate?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Done a lot of installs on n3DS XLes - and I usually leave the backplate completely off until I finish with it.

If I'm particularly worried that the battery will drop out, I'd stick some painter's tape over it.
fwiw, the battery isnt coming out unless you drop it from above like 6 inches onto a hard surface, or actually try to take it out.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
They are quite annoying. Even if I leave them unscrewed, I still have to unscrew them. I just want to slide the cover off. Is this possible?
Er... just cut away and remove the microscopic gray translucent half-circles keeping the screws in place.

If you choose not to screw them in, you don't have to always keep unscrewing. It was never screwed in, just pushed in the socket. It only needs a pull upwards by a nail and then you can take the battery cover off normally.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

fwiw, the battery isnt coming out unless you drop it from above like 6 inches onto a hard surface, or actually try to take it out.
Nooo, the battery actually very easily comes out.
Coming from a guy who lived with no battery cover for 8 months and 10 days and brings their n3DS everywhere.

tigs

Trophies
XP
Country
Some good advice here...
much needed as I will be attempting my first a9lh soon as I can secure a zelda 3DS.
knowing that the backplate should just stay off throughout the entire installation process seems much less daunting then having to rescrew the back on every 2 minutes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill