Hacking How do the Cubic Ninja and Ocarina entry points work in relation to system firmware?

apoptygma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not really clear on what part of the exploit chain in the Cubic Ninja stuff was blocked post 9.2 - was it the initial cubic ninja entry point? Does the Zelda entry point work on 9.5?

Is it even possible to block the entry points or are the system updates blocking the second stage of the exploit chain?

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really clear on what part of the exploit chain in the Cubic Ninja stuff was blocked post 9.2 - was it the initial cubic ninja entry point? Does the Zelda entry point work on 9.5?

Is it even possible to block the entry points or are the system updates blocking the second stage of the exploit chain?

The system updates are blocking the second and third stages. The entrypoints can only be blocked by refusing to launch the titles without updates for them installed, which is not likely to be done.

apoptygma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The system updates are blocking the second and third stages. The entrypoints can only be blocked by refusing to launch the titles without updates for them installed, which is not likely to be done.
Yes that will never ever happen. So second stage blocks for these are both the same exploit (which was patched post 9.2 is that correct?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)