Hacking Question How do I upgrade from FW 7.x t latest using Daybreak?

xbmcuser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old 7.x FW need to upgrade using daybreak. I dont have Daybreak, how would I do this?

Also installing latest CFW will i be able to use RetroArch, NDS another emulators that work now for me?

Is anything broken on the latest CFW?

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I have an old 7.x FW need to upgrade using daybreak. I dont have Daybreak, how would I do this?

Also installing latest CFW will i be able to use RetroArch, NDS another emulators that work now for me?

Is anything broken on the latest CFW?
Which one to update? You can upgrade to 10.1.0 or 10.2.0(latest). You may want to wait for 10.2.0 since all hb apps may not be compatible with it.
How to update? You need to download latest version of hekate(if you are using it) ,latest atmosphere and 10.1.0 fw. Latest atmosphere will come Daybreak pre-installed. Than you can run Daybreak and than follow instructions. Make sure that you have a NAND backup before updating and you should use Daybreak only on EmuNAND, not in SysNAND.

Last edited by GCS,
Reactions: xbmcuser

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No offends taken

Just want to get a consesus
Alrighty, so like said everything should be supported, only thing to look out for is the FW update since daybreak needs another format. Where I got my update 10.2.0 it already was in the right format, otherwise you need your dumped prodkes from lockpick and hactool and convert it.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You need the latest AMS and you will get Daybreak.
Then download the Firmware from Darth and everything is ready to go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021