Hacking How Do I Update Official Firmware ?!

blitxxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greets to all. I am normally inclined when it comes to things like this (I do my own Pandora and iXtremes), but I am having a simply hard problem.

How do I update the DS to the official firmware ?

I have a C/USG-USA

I go to the settings menu but it looks totally different than the tutorial on the Nintendo site.... The worst part: I have no where to configure the internet settings

hate2.gif

Thanks in advance

*** edit ***

Actually I just read this and am not sure I even need to update at all:

Q: When there is a new update...do I have to update?
A: You don't have to, but you do have to if you want to access the DSiShop and Nintendo will probably implement some other ways to persuade you to update as well.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whether you want to or not, you can open System Settings, go to page 4 and press System Update and follow the instructions.

And if you want to configure internet settings, they're on the bottom of page 3 under "Internet > Connection Settings"

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From searching Google for "C/USG-USA" it looks like you have a DS Lite, not a DSi. The DS Phat/Lite does not have an upgradeable firmware, and you can't configure wifi settings unless you have a DS game that needs wifi to function. While technically there are different firmware versions (as evidenced by the Pictochat test), there is virtually no difference in functionality to the end-user.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wait, why did I not notice the USG?
ohmy.gif

NTR is Phat, USG is Lite and TWL is DSi (for EUR anyway)
Using a Lite, not only is firmware stuck as it is (unless you use FlashMe, which isn't official anyway), but you can only configure WiFi when running a WiFi enabled game...(this last bit's just repeating DanTheManMS, basically)

blitxxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smile.gif
Thanks guys

To be honest I do not need wifi play for my daughter, so Im just going to prep my EZF and load it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • PandaPandel
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car