Homebrew How do i Update everytime my 3Ds with CFW ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey there, i used this Guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)
to install a CFW and was successfully.

I have a small Question for the Future: How do i Update my 3Ds Firwmare everytime if a Update is available, ?

Can i Update trough the System Settings or can i loose at some specific Firmware Updates my CFW and Homebrew etc. ?
You can update through system settings but sometimes an update may come out that will require CFW to be updated. This hasn't happened in a long time though.

Reactions: ProfiSuchti

Purge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you finish the guide? Did you go all the way to part 5 and setup A9LH? If so, then you can update your sysnand to 11.0 and it won't matter. However I suggest dumping your sysnand on lower firmware (like 9.2) and keep it as a backup just in case.

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can update through system settings but sometimes an update may come out that will require CFW to be updated. This hasn't happened in a long time though.

What you mean with: "but sometimes an update may come out that will require CFW to be updated" ? do it would remove my CFW if i would Update my 3Ds trough System Settings while a Specific Security Firmware Update is released ? (just as example).

Can you tell me how i can Update risk free trough Homebrew launcher or luma,A9LH etc. ? i never want to risk my CFW.

Did you finish the guide? Did you go all the way to part 5 and setup A9LH? If so, then you can update your sysnand to 11.0 and it won't matter. However I suggest dumping your sysnand on lower firmware (like 9.2) and keep it as a backup just in case.

Yes i finished part 1 to 5 and i read every single Text to the end at every single Part.I doed step for step but the Problem was: I never knew all the time what this steps are for.But i knew that the Goal was to get luma/A9LH to work XD.
And i doed the last part with the Update trough the System Settings.

I just asked for the Future if a Security Update will releases (IF a security Update will releases some day).

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
Trophies
XP

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you followed the full guide through section 5 and have a9lh you can just update through the system settings. Though I always recommend making a NAND backup before doing so in case you want to go back for some reason (I updated to 11.0, but then downgraded back to 10.7 when I realized the HBL payloads hadn't been updated yet)

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think now i Understand.

The 3Ds Updates cant remove my CFW if i Update, but they can make my CFW or my CFW Apps to unusbale so i need to do everytime before i Update a NAND Backup (Sysnand and Emunand), do i understand right ?

Aerocool

Man in a Box
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

The 3Ds Updates cant remove my CFW if i Update, but they can make my CFW or my CFW Apps to unusbale so i need to do everytime before i Update a NAND Backup (Sysnand and Emunand), do i understand right ?

yes and always check the temp before updating your 3ds.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Searching around these forums should usually tell you whether your CFW is compatible or not but a NAND backup is a good idea if it's a brand new update and no one has tested it with CFW yet.

GoldTheLuxray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is the best Soluition, Thanks!

Before i Update every single Time, i check gbatemp out.

Thank you all again^^.I love this community so much :*
Searching around these forums should usually tell you whether your CFW is compatible or not but a NAND backup is a good idea if it's a brand new update and no one has tested it with CFW yet.
It’s either that I need to get this shit repaired, if it costs more than it is, might aswell buy a new ds for him

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It’s either that I need to get this shit repaired, if it costs more than it is, might aswell buy a new ds for him
If CFW breaks because of a firmware update, you just need to update to the latest version by replacing the Luma files on SD (or if Luma hasn't been updated yet, give it a couple days)

renin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I'm triyng to update my firmware with the CFW installed, and it shows an error every time I try to update the system
Does anyone know a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1