Hacking How Do i Update Emunand?

2DSHereHey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! I have a 2DS and i recently got my gateway card. I followed this guide (linked at the bottom) and everything is working smoothly. The only problem that i've encountered is that i can't play Pokemon Alpha Sapphire or Omega Ruby and i looked this up and most people said it was because my EmuNAND is not up to date.

So i was looking at the english manual on the Gateway 3DS website in the EmuNAND Setup section and i saw that it said this:

"Insert a blank SD card with only the Launcher.dat on it into your 3DS/2DS. It is recommended you use at least a 16GB capacity or higher, formatted as FAT32, so that you have plenty of room to install games and downloadable content in the future."

I had a few questions about this first, won't the games be installing onto my microSD card? Why would i need such a large SD card? I have a 32 GB microSD card and so space isn't an issue on there, but in the guide it says i should have a larger SD card.

Second, does this have to be an entirely different SD card from the one that i first used to first launch into Gateway mode? Can't i just remove the files (the 2ds folder) besides the Launcher.dat and put them on my desktop? Will that work or will i need an entirely new SD card for this? I don't understand why i couldn't just use the original SD card.

Here is a link to the guide i followed if that helps in anyway -

Here is a link to the gateway 3ds english manual - http://scmods.com/gw_guide/v3.1.pdf

And my gateway SysNAND is currently on version 6.0 if that is of any help.

Any and all help is immensely appreciated !

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You technically didn't follow the guide all the way through and just went straight to trying to play games, you need to go back into emunand, go to system settings and update the firmware

Reactions: 2DSHereHey

2DSHereHey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You technically didn't follow the guide all the way through and just went straight to trying to play games, you need to go back into emunand, go to system settings and update the firmware

I actually just finished updating the firmware to the latest which is gateway 3.1.1 right before posting this. I can tell it's 3.1.1 because whenever I go to the gateway menu it says 3.1.1.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually just finished updating the firmware to the latest which is gateway 3.1.1 right before posting this. I can tell it's 3.1.1 because whenever I go to the gateway menu it says 3.1.1.

My reply has nothing to do with the GW launcher, I'm talking about updating the 3ds console emunand firmware.

Reactions: 2DSHereHey

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

start classic mode then go to system settings, make sure your in your emunand then update from there. do not update if it doesnt say gw followed by your emunand fimrware version not the gateway card.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything Tony said.

In addition it would appear you are not a power user so you probably don't need big cards. 4GB will work if you realize there is limited room for updates and DLC and few to no cia installs. Many of us like to install certain games, especially online ones to the SD card as it is possibly safer.

Good luck and enjoy.

start classic mode then go to system settings, make sure your in your emunand then update from there. do not update if it doesnt say gw followed by your emunand fimrware version not the gateway card.
I have never heard of updating emunand from classic mode. Is there some reason for that?

2DSHereHey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Okay so it does not say gw in front of the firmware version, i think i never actually did the EmuNAND set up to begin with. Could you sort of give me a step by step of how to do that?

2DSHereHey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My reply has nothing to do with the GW launcher, I'm talking about updating the 3ds console emunand firmware.

So when setting up EmuNAND do i have to use an entirely different SD card from the one i originally used to set go into the gateway launcher?

The SD card in my DS right now has a Nintendo 3DS folder, 2 save files, a launcher.dat files and a NAND.BIN (backup i made), so can i just remove everything except for the launcher.dat and use that same SD card to set up EmuNAND?

By remove above i mean back them up onto my desktop.

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when setting up EmuNAND do i have to use an entirely different SD card from the one i originally used to set go into the gateway launcher?

The SD card in my DS right now has a Nintendo 3DS folder, 2 save files, a launcher.dat files and a NAND.BIN (backup i made), so can i just remove everything except for the launcher.dat and use that same SD card to set up EmuNAND?

By remove above i mean back them up onto my desktop.

Yes, because it will delete all the files in your sd card. Do you know how to set up emunand or not?

johovahs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple of points:

1) Setup emunand in gateway menu before attempting to upgrade
2) In gateway mode, go in settings and make sure it has "GW 3DS" before version
3) Do not exit settings at any time before you start the update. If #2 above shows then proceed directly to the "System update" tab

Do not use classic mode to update emunand. Use the gateway mode to do so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2