1. ignudi

ignudi Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    hi. i also have the same problem with Error 2011-0301 every time i launch homebrew menu. either by holding R and double-tapping the Album icon, or by launching Puyo Puyo Tetris (game card), then holding R while choosing my user icon.

my switch is unpatched. bought it december 2017 (before nintendo patched the tegra bug). it came with 4.1.0 OFW. never connected it to the internet. only used it for game cartridges (no online games). i do not wish to connect this switch to download games nor have any plans to update the 4.1.0 firmware (NSPs/XCIs or game cartridges would be enough for my needs and i can always install CFW on emuMMC and update that instead).

i downloaded the latest hekate (0.5.30) and atmosphere (0.13.0), and followed the instructions by @scandal_uk above to format my 64GB microSD using FAT32 (previously checked for bad blocks, none found). i have created the hidden partition and set up emuMMC on it. i even edited the hekate_ipl.ini file as instructed. i can inject hekate using NS-Atmosphere payload dongle (the white one).

i can successfully load atmosphere (switch shows 4.1.0|AMS 0.13.0|E in Settings). but when i try to access the homebrew menu, the switch crashes and Error 2011-0301 appears. therefore i cannot load choidujournx in homebrew menu to update my emuMMC CFW to 8.1.0 (my desired firmware version).

i tried fiddling with the latest version of SX OS (just for test purposes, no intention to purchase a license). followed the instructions, and strangely enough, i was able to access the homebrew menu. so i presume the problem is not with my switch, but with the atmosphere-nx/hekate configuration.

i've been tearing my hair these past few days looking for a solution to this problem. any help would be appreciated. thank you.

Last edited by ignudi, Jun 30, 2020
  2. fvig2001

fvig2001 GBAtemp Fan

Worst case, try using an older version of atmosphere like 0.12 then update to 0.13 after the update is completed. I did this via Hekate from 3.0 and I didn't have issues but I did use 0.13 for that.

Last edited by fvig2001, Jun 30, 2020
  3. ignudi

ignudi Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    hi. thank you for the input.

what do you mean by did this via Hekate from 3.0 ? you're referring to your switch's OFW (3.0.0)? and did you use atmosphere 0.13.0? what hekate version did you use for payload? and what CFW version did you update to? Thanks again.

4. fvig2001

fvig2001 GBAtemp Fan

Yes NAND 3.0. I used the latest hekate + patches + latest atmosphere

5. ignudi

ignudi Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    please clarify what you mean with latest patches. are these the sig_patches? where do i save them on the sd card? and exactly how do these patches work?

in both switch homebrew guides (.io and .guide), the instructions do not require downloading the patches (i.e. optional). thank you.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

if the latest hekate and atmosphere releases worked for your 3.0.0 switch OFW as you say, then why don't they work for my 4.1.0 switch? :unsure:

6. scandal_uk

scandal_uk Not Really There

United Kingdom
    Check this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-0-13-0.567542/

7. ignudi

ignudi Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    hi. thank you for the suggestion.

i was about to try it when, as a final attempt, i downloaded atmosphere-nx 0.12.0 and used this with hekate 5.3.0 as suggested by @fvig2001. i created the hekate_ipl.ini entries as you described in your previous post, then injected hekate. next i created emuMMC on the sd card, then launched atmosphere. i was finally able to access the homebrew menu! :yay:

i have a few more questions, if you don't mind:
    1. after i update my emuMMC CFW to 8.1.0, what do you suggest i do next? should i update atmosphere to 0.13.0? and how about the sigpatches you mentioned? should i copy them over to the sd card, or would it be ok to skip copying the files over?
    2. will the stock 4.1.0 OFW of my switch get updated when i update the emuMMC CFW to 8.1.0 using ChoiDuJourNX? or will the update only apply to the emuMMC version (i.e. the stock firmware remains at 4.1.0)?
    3. if the stock OFW won't be affected by the CFW update, should i worry about fuses burning? i mean, if i turn off the switch completely and boot normally (no payload), the switch boot process should still see the expected number of burnt fuses for the 4.1.0 OFW. is this correct?
    4. will updating the emuMMC CFW to 8.1.0 burn a game cartridge fuse? i believe the 9.0.0 does this, but i'm not really certain.
    as i mentioned earlier, i do not play games online nor download games from the e-shop (i don't have a nintendo account), and i am content playing with game cards and homebrew games. hence forgive my dogged insistence that the 4.1.0 OFW of the switch remains untouched :D. i have made backups of the sysNAND, BOOT0/BOOT1 and prod keys following the .io and .guide homebrew guides.

thank you for providing helpful insights in this forum. your efforts are very much appreciated. :bow:

Last edited by ignudi, Jun 30, 2020
  8. fvig2001

fvig2001 GBAtemp Fan

1. Delete all the atmosphere files and hekate files and extract the latest versions of each and their corresponding sig patches if needed (Atmosphere usually needs old files removed to ensure no blackscreens on start up)
    2. Update to 10.4 via choudujour nx on emunand
    Your actual nand should be untouched if you do everything in emuMMC (make sure you are in the correct nand when doing so.

Fuse burning only happens if the actual NAND on the switch is higher than 4.1 and is booted without atmosphere. Game cart will not be updated normally when you update your firmware. You will not be able to read newer game cartridges until you upgrade the firmware of the game cartridge. Safest way to retain your fuse count is to enable auto-rcm when you update via choudujour nx since you can only boot to horizon via RCM

Last edited by fvig2001, Jun 30, 2020
    scandal_uk likes this.
  9. scandal_uk

United Kingdom
    The whole point of emuMMC is so that you can update CFW without burning fuses - of course you must use ChoirDujourNX to update CFW but it won’t affect OFW.

10. ignudi

ignudi Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    hi. i followed your instructions in a previous post to use atmosphere 0.12.0, and i was able to access the homebrew menu. thanks! :bow:
    1. i am quite confused with item 1 above. if i start with a clean sd card and copy over the latest atmosphere and hekate files, where does the line delete all the atmosphere files and hekate files apply? did you assume that my sd card had existing hekate and atmosphere files, hence the instruction?
    2. if i were to download atmosphere 0.13.0 and hekate 5.3.0 (as i previously did the past few days), but this time copying over the sigpatches files, would this now allow me to access the homebrew menu?
    i am aware that newer game cards won't be read by the switch if i don't upgrade to at least 9.0.0. but if i do so, i will lose game cartridge capability once i decide to boot to stock 4.1.0 FW, hence my hesitation. unless there is an exploit similar to hekate that bypasses game cartridge fuse checking?

thank you so much for being patient and informative.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

thank you so much for the clarification. :)

11. scandal_uk

United Kingdom
    And don’t try to launch the homebrew menu from the album, hold R and select a game instead, keep R pressed until it actually launches

12. ignudi

ignudi Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    hi. i tried using atmosphere 0.13.0 with hekate 5.3.0 and copied the sigpatches from the link you gave. but the switch still crashes with error 2011-0301 when trying to access the homebrew menu.

if i use atmosphere 0.12.0 with hekate 5.3.0 instead, i can access the menu. :unsure:
    1. what could be the problem with atmosphere 0.13.0 that it crashes the switch when i access the menu
    2. the homebrew menu in atmosphere 0.12.0 says it's in 'applet' mode. is this correct? if my homebrew menu is in 'applet mode', will i be able to use ChoiDujourNX to update my emuMMC CFW to 8.1.0?
    by the way, holding R continuously (whether opening a game or the album) doesn't launch the menu.

thanks!

Last edited by ignudi, Jul 1, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - emuNAND, update,