Hacking Question How do I switch from Fat32 back to ExFat

seanpang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I was running cfw am on a 8.1switch using a exfat sd card.

I used a fat32 card to upgrade my switch to 9.2 using ChoiDujurNX, selected exfat

Switch could start CFW.
But then when I plug back my exfat sd card it could not go into cfw.
I copied all files from the fat32 card into the exfat then it could start
but then some files it could not read and some games I could not install
how could I turn my switch back to 9.2 exfat?
which I did wrong?...

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
You shouldn't use exfat dude. This will definitely corrupt your data. Format the sd card to exfat, reinstall this firmware update again, but choose then the left option.

seanpang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
You shouldn't use exfat dude. This will definitely corrupt your data. Format the sd card to exfat, reinstall this firmware update again, but choose then the left option.
what do you mean by left option? for example if I update to 9.2
I choose 9.2 instead of 9.2 exfat?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
You always choose exfat option, there's no reason not to choose it since it just installs exfat driver along with default f32, that's all, no downsides. Honestly there should only be one option in choi, exfat one.
But then you can't use your fat32 card. There is no reason to use exfat or install the exfat driver because nintendos FAT drivers are crap/garbage. I always choose the left option and never had any problems.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
But then you can't use your fat32 card. There is no reason to use exfat or install the exfat driver because nintendos FAT drivers are crap/garbage. I always choose the left option and never had any problems.
lolwhat, you CAN ALWAYS USE F32 card. You can not use exfat without exfat driver, but f32 is default, you can always use it. You install 9.1 exfat and just use f32, that's all.

Jakeeenator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything I have read here from people say that exfat is not a good choice at all for the switch. I myself was having problems with Mario Odyssey crashing and it was fixed when I reformatted to FAT32.

TonyMax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like folks are talking about two things.
1. Firmware update - for this one, bad361 has replied
CAN ALWAYS USE F32 card. You can not use exfat without exfat driver, but f32 is default, you can always use it. You install 9.1 exfat and just use f32, that's all.

2. SD Card for CFW - for this one, other users say don't use exfat on your card. I have personally seen zero corruption on fat32

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff