Homebrew How Do I Restore Corrupted old 3DS XL Firmware?

Ujico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I have an old 3DS XL that was on firmware 1.1.0-33E. I tried to cfw it but failed when I tried to install FBI. Since then everything became corrupt and I haven't been able to fix it.

Currently: I can only boot the 3DS with my SD card inserted, I can also access Luma 9.0 when I hold down select while pressing the power button.
I tried to update my 3DS in the hopes that it would restore the firmware onto my 3DS. I'm now on the latest version. It actually did not help, instead I just made it harder for myself to cfw it in the future.

Does anyone know how I can just restore everything? Or be able to install Homebrew again? I had it... until FBI installation failed.
I hope anyone can help me out here, thanks!

Last edited by Ujico,

TsUnDeReAznGuY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have arm9hax installed so you should still be fine. Just update to boot9strap like normal. The reason you can only boot with a sd is because you have arm9hax install (one of the downsides of arm9hax).

Last edited by TsUnDeReAznGuY,

Ujico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You have arm9hax installed so you should still be fine. Just update to boot9strap like normal. With armhax use Luma3ds 7.05 then update to boot9strap. After you update to boot9strap then update luma3ds to the lastest version.
Hi, I looked into the files on my SD card but I do not see anything with the name arm9hax, I do however have a folder named boot9strap with boot9strap.firm and boot9strap.firm.sha in it. How do I update this? I'm not familiar with cfw on 3DS's only on the Wii, PSP, Android.

TsUnDeReAznGuY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm9loaderhax is already installed. Follow the "3ds guide" (google it) and go to the section A9LH to B9S. It should tell you the steps.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Skip step 16 it's only for New 3ds users.

Ujico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You have arm9hax installed so you should still be fine. Just update to boot9strap like normal. The reason you can only boot with a sd is because you have arm9hax install (one of the downsides of arm9hax).
Also I forgot to mention, I can not install homebrew through the Download Play app anymore It gives me an error message after I restart the app. It looks like this:
Arm9loaderhax is already installed. Follow the "3ds guide" (google it) and go to the section A9LH to B9S. It should tell you the steps.

Skip step 16 it's only for New 3ds users.
Nice! I'll follow that guide and get back to this post once I succeed or fail.

Ujico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I managed to downgrade my 3DS to 9.2 with Homebrew and Luma etc... I finally found out why my whole CFW failed! My SD card died on me while installing FBI. Now everything went as planned!! Only thing now is... I want to make my 3DS independent of the SD card but I will figure that out on my own thanks for your help and knowledge.

I managed to downgrade my 3DS to 9.2 with Homebrew and Luma etc... I finally found out why my whole CFW failed! My SD card died on me while installing FBI. Now everything went as planned!! Only thing now is... I want to make my 3DS independent of the SD card but I will figure that out on my own thanks for your help and knowledge.

Nevermind the 3DS works without SD card now too!!!! THIS IS SICK hahaha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work