Hacking How do I recover the files that were deleted when formatted?

gettogaara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a very stupid mistake by thinking I had copys of all of my games and save files and it turns out I did'nt. Please someone telll me how I can recover the files that were delted. I checked the recycle bin and it turns out nothing was there.

gettogaara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh god there are no hidden files on my sd card.
volcomstone00009 what do u mean?
akash86 I got your pm and replied.

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I always do a weekly backup... from now on you should too
smile.gif
it helps a lot..

gettogaara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I assume the stuff really is gone huh? Sigh well I guess theres nothing I can do about it except get some save files and redownload the games. I actually need some help. How do I get a sav file from and r4 to work in the ackeard2i.

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do a backup every time I transfer something important.

They're gone, they're gone - you'll have to do some hard digging to get your files back.

gettogaara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird my ackeard is acting up. I just added some games too it.( had back up for them) I added megaman starforce blackace and finalfantasy revant wings with saves and when I click on them it says loading for a long tiem and nothing happens. Then when I turn it off and then turn it back on everything in the folder has been deleted.

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gettogaara said:
I made a very stupid mistake by thinking I had copys of all of my games and save files and it turns out I did'nt. Please someone telll me how I can recover the files that were delted. I checked the recycle bin and it turns out nothing was there.

Try PhotoRec
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

Maybe. Also check out its sister utility "TestDisk". Yep.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you've done a full format then there is no way to recover deleted files. However, just deleting a file by hitting the delete button will delete the header information only (the data that tells your computer where on the card to look). The actual data is preserved until it is overwritten by copying files on the card. I always back up my card so I've never come across this situation.

gettogaara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok well can someone tell me what I need to convert my save files into. Out of the list of target formats which sav do I need to turn my r4 savs into for them to work on the Ackeard2i?
Save convertor

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
The very point of a format is to permanently get rid of EVERYTHING. Anyone telling you "durs a wey 2 get it bak jus dun copy no files i email u wit da ansler soon" is an idiot. It's gone. Forever. No way to get it back. It's not the same as simply deleting.

Try to know what you're doing before you do it in future to prevent accidents like this. Backing up important stuff like saves as often as you can also helps.

gettogaara said:
ok well can someone tell me what I need to convert my save files into. Out of the list of target formats which sav do I need to turn my r4 savs into for them to work on the Ackeard2i?
Save convertor
You don't need to. Change the save file extensions from .sav to .nds.sav, or just turn your save settings in AKAIO from .nds.sav to .sav, and they will work without renaming or converting.

gettogaara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
or just turn your save settings in AKAIO from .nds.sav to .sav, and they will work without renaming or converting.
How do I do that?
Also I notice that when a game is loading the color of the words start out blue and then turn green. How come forfinal fantasy they turned red what does that mean? Also when this happened it did'nt work.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question if you just delete something is there a way to get it back by pressing the delete button on your computer? Or what about deleting straight from the flashcard you have like Acekard or R4.

gettogaara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try looking in the recycable bin for any files deleted straight off of your computer. As for from the flash cart thwey sometimes have a hidden folder where some things you delete go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Traps