Hacking How do I properly transfer files from the microSD in my New 3DS XL to my new 64GB microSD?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Got a few questions, I have Luma3DS on my N3dsXl and my 32gb MicroSD is running out of space :(

1) Is 64GB MicroSD the biggest I can use?

2) Is there any other way to save or compress space on the N3DS, all I have are like 20 games and my 32GB got filled up quick!
You can use any size card as long as it is formatted to FAT32. You can just copy and paste the files over.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
You can use any size card as long as it is formatted to FAT32. You can just copy and paste the files over.

Ah, so I can back up files to my PC when it gets to 32GB size and switch them out for another game? Is that what you mean?
Like if I backed up Mario minis march again I'd still all the save data intact?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ah, so I can back up files to my PC when it gets to 32GB size and switch them out for another game? Is that what you mean?
Like if I backed up Mario minis march again I'd still all the save data intact?
No I meant if you want to switch SD cards you can copy and paste the files from the old card onto the new card and then use the new card in your console.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
No I meant if you want to switch SD cards you can copy and paste the files from the old card onto the new card and then use the new card in your console.

I see, What size do you recommend and what size do you use for your MicroSD card?
I just can't believe the space fills up so quickly, isn't there anything else a Luma3DS user can do to save more space?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I see, What size do you recommend and what size do you use for your MicroSD card?
I just can't believe the space fills up so quickly, isn't there anything else a Luma3DS user can do to save more space?
I use a 32GB card and that's plenty. To save space, make sure:
  • You're not using an emuNAND
  • You delete cias after installing them
  • You keep NAND backups on your computer not on your SD card
Then you should end up with a bit more space.

Reactions: RY0M43CH1Z3N

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag