Hacking Misc How do I mod my XKW serial nintendo switch.

Icevanka221

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so. Where do I find the hwfly chips or any mod chip that is compatible with an XKW5 running system version 15.0.0 and where would I go for a person to install it on?

I AM BEGGING YOU, I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR AGEEESSSS.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what do I tell the guy to do, also how cheap do the chips get
1.) Talk to the person in detail about what needs doing. 2.) Trinket-M0s cost less than $10+.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do I tell the guy to do, also how cheap do the chips get
Tell them you need a flexible cable soldered to two surface mount components on a game console motherboard.

Chip rates are on aliexpress. About $80.00 out the door. Cost to solder it in depend upon your area and the going tech rates. You will need to call around.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Icevanka221

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.) Talk to the person in detail about what needs doing. 2.) Trinket-M0s cost less than $10+.
can you put the link for the trinket-m0 cus Im not sure which one to buy and its confusing when its on google pls help me out I have adhd and im genuinely trying to understand :(
Post automatically merged:

what do I tell him, soldier it to the motherboard?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you put the link for the trinket-m0 cus Im not sure which one to buy and its confusing when its on google pls help me out I have adhd and im genuinely trying to understand :(
You have a Mariko V2. A trinket only works with Erista V1.
Post automatically merged:

what do I tell him, soldier it to the motherboard?
Correct. It will come with the chip. Go to aliexpress and look at the pics.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm afraid that is the only way you're going to mod your Switch. Alternatively (not saying you have to do this), just sell your Switch for an unpatched model.

Reactions: binkinator
Trophies
XP
I'm afraid that is the only way you're going to mod your Switch. Alternatively (not saying you have to do this), just sell your Switch for an unpatched model.

Imo for Switch modding (if you can afford it) I would just recommend saving to buy an unpatched Switch for modding, and keep the other one for Stock Play.

Too often I see people want to play a stock, or online game while forgetting to boot without a CFW and / or mods, only to return with a banned Switch.

So if you can afford it you can designate one Switch for modding, piracy etc, to keep offline. And just have another one for stock-play without risking any bans.

Or alternatively, just yk, pay attention.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I love how possible pirates pull the "ah damn so expensive" card so often.

Too often I see people want to play a stock, or online game while forgetting to boot without a CFW and / or mods, only to return with a banned Switch.

So if you can afford it you can designate one Switch for modding, piracy etc, to keep offline. And just have another one for stock-play without risking any bans.
If those people would do a bit more research before installing backups and alike there would be so much less of banned consoles, I am unbanned myself since over 2 years and do "considerably shady things" alongside playing on stock sysNAND online just fine.

Trophies
XP
If those people would do a bit more research before installing backups and alike there would be so much less of banned consoles, I am unbanned myself since over 2 years and do "considerably shady things" alongside playing on stock sysNAND online just fine.

I tend to form responses around the majority of people that don't bother to do research on such topics. Obviously exceptions exist, but generally people don't try to learn as much as they should about a topic before attempting it.

Glad you're informed though.

Iam_the_swatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so. Where do I find the hwfly chips or any mod chip that is compatible with an XKW5 running system version 15.0.0 and where would I go for a person to install it on?

I AM BEGGING YOU, I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR AGEEESSSS.
Were you able to get the mod chip installed and if so which one did you get? There are so many fkin mod chip versions i dont want to install the wrong one and brick my switch. I also have an xkw switch which i think is a v2 switch right? Anyway if its not much to ask can you put the link of the chip or at-least the name of the version ty!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were you able to get the mod chip installed and if so which one did you get? There are so many fkin mod chip versions i dont want to install the wrong one and brick my switch. I also have an xkw switch which i think is a v2 switch right? Anyway if its not much to ask can you put the link of the chip or at-least the name of the version ty!

Since you have a V2 unit you need a HWFLY Core or RP2040 Core.

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I also went through all stages of grief and multiple bans due to "the modchip problem".

My advice? Go buy an unpatched Erista. First of all, this will save you access to online services on your original Switch if your hacked one gets banned. Second, your original Switch will be untouched and ready for use if you fuck up the hacked one somehow. And third? No need to tamper with the internal hardware and deal with soldering and melting metals. There are various different safety nets and precautions with softmodding, there are none with hardmodding - if you fuck up, your console is done for.

• Haha
Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also went through all stages of grief and multiple bans due to "the modchip problem".

My advice? Go buy an unpatched Erista. First of all, this will save you access to online services on your original Switch if your hacked one gets banned. Second, your original Switch will be untouched and ready for use if you fuck up the hacked one somehow. And third? No need to tamper with the internal hardware and deal with soldering and melting metals. There are various different safety nets and precautions with softmodding, there are none with hardmodding - if you fuck up, your console is done for.

Funny coming from a guy asking about modchips for about two years.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Frfr, autism gang rise up. +2