Hacking How do I know if my Wii is already softmod?

Reborn-SWE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
YES!

I'll try to start the process tomorrow when my kids are in school and I will have peace in my home unless something else disturbs me. :ha:

It may be that in the middle of the process, I'll need all the help you'll be in stand by.
just kidding :D

Reborn-SWE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
YO!

Thanks to you, everything went great.
THANKS to all of you who patiently helped me in this journey. :yaywii:

I got a problem only at the last stage I would install the USB Loader GX.

I installed via the Homebrew channel and USB Loader GX will open immediately after installation, but it is not a channel, if I want to use the USB Loader GX, I have to reinstall it through the Homebrew Channel.

How can I make sure the USB Loader GX become a channel? :huh:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you currently run the homebrew channel, which list all homebrew located in your /apps/ folder.
if you want channels for your homebrew, you have to install them manually on the system menu.

There are two kind of channels :
full channel : contains the homebrew executable.
forwarder channel : contains a program redirecting to your homebrew on SD card:/apps/path to the wanted homebrew/boot.dol

The full channel could look great, but if a new version of the homebrew is released, you have to replace the channel entirely. this step (installing channel) wasn't very well seen, it could brick (banner brick, remember? bad channel could banner brick), so replacing full channel regularly became less common.
instead, most users went with forwarder channel.

the forwarder channel is installed only ONE time.
it doesn't contain the homebrew you want (no USBLoaderGX inside), but a program reloading (forwarding) to the real USBLoaderGX on your SD card.
the advantage is that it's easy to update (just replace the boot.dol on your SD !) and homebrew can update themselves (downloading a new boot.dol and replacing itself on the SD card) without the need to reinstall a channel.

Most channels are released in WAD format (this is a package used by installers, it's like a zip or a rar, with the actual files inside, and instruction where to extract the files on the console).

To install a channel, you need a WAD manager.
I recommend this one :
Yet Another wad Manager Mod (long name, but don't worry).

Extract it to your SD card.
sd:/apps/YAWMM/boot.dol icon.png and meta.xml

you will run this program from the homebrew channel.

Then you need the "WAD" to install.
get USBLoaderGX Forwarder v5.1
Put on your SD:/wad/ folder

Launch the Wad manager on your console, select the "install wad" menu and choose the WAD you want to install.
After install, exit and return to your system menu. The channel forwarder will be there.

Note: Like said, messing with WAD could be dangerous.
This WAD channel I linked is perfectly safe.
There are lot of forwarders for many different homebrew, but don't install random WADs without users report saying it works fine on Wii (some channel can be for WiiU's vWii only, not Wii).

Some pirated games are also provided in WAD format. Some are ok to install (if you are a pirate), but some can be bad (fake games, you think you install a game and it's something else, etc.) so be careful.
Remove the WAD manager from your SD card after you used it, so your family don't mess with it.

Reborn-SWE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Now I have the USB Loader GX Channel on my system menu but ......
When I press the USB Loader GX Channel and then START the USB Loader logo comes on the screen and disappear, I kommert back to the system menu.

When I install that on all videos on Youtube, there will be no USB Loader channel.
When I install it via wad maneger does not work.

What have I done wrong?

I am so frustrated right now, I wanted to have all the knowledge that you have.
What have I done wrong?

Last edited by Reborn-SWE,

Reborn-SWE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
NEW IMPORTANT UPDATE!

I made to do it myself!

Solution was there that I read a lot on USB Loadr GX official website and tried to uninstall the last version I had on the Wii and downloaded a version before I had (USBLoaderGX_v3.0_IOS249.wad) and now works 100%

YAHOO!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, why you hurting your sisters