how do i install dlc using the brazillian method

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by faser2033, Feb 12, 2017.

1. faser2033
    OP

faser2033 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2015
    Hi,

i have just started getting into the usb loading scene and i know how to install games and updates but for some reason i can find any modded tickets for the dlc content on any games.

How i do it is i copy the game/update files the the install folder in the sd card and get a modded ticket from the wii u title key website. However i cant find any downloadable tickets for any dlc content for example mario kart 8 or sonic lost world.

when i try to install these dlc with wup installer it just fails.

do i need to add the dlc code to the install folder when i initially install the game with the games modded ticket or the update with the updates modded ticket or what im sure.

would really appreciate the help

thanks

a lot

2. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    You need a CFW to run unsigned DLC

Ryccardo likes this.
  3. faser2033
    OP

faser2033 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2015
    What is cfw?

4. Patxinco

Patxinco Riding a Shooting Star

Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited by Patxinco, Feb 12, 2017
  5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
  6. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    You can't find downloadable DLC tickets because there isn't any point in them existing. Either they would be legitimate tickets, which wouldn't work on your console (because they have the purchaser's console ID in them) or they would be invalid tickets (because the console ID was zeroed out to make the ticket work on all consoles, thus invalidating the signature - but otherwise leaving them appearing to be valid.)

In order to avoid having people believe that a DLC ticket they've downloaded should be valid on any console (like a disc ticket), the title key site doesn't distribute DLC (or eShop) tickets. Instead, it displays only the title ID and encrypted NUS key. You have to generate your own (fake) ticket using that information plus standard (or inconsequential) values.

Since generating a ticket manually might be difficult for some people, there are a few programs that will do it for you. One of the most popular is WiiU USB Helper. Another is funkiiu.

As others have noted, using a fake ticket requires that signature patching be active.

7. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Just set up haxchi. One click and your in CFW

gutoblauth likes this.