Hacking How do I install BigBlueMenu to Sysnand?

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luckily, I was smart enough to backup my 9.2 emunand and install it onto another SD card. Of course I might as well just carry the CN card with me and use it with Sysnand. Not sure if 9.2 nand has any added benefits for homebrew. Anyone confirm?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Luckily, I was smart enough to backup my 9.2 emunand and install it onto another SD card. Of course I might as well just carry the CN card with me and use it with Sysnand. Not sure if 9.2 nand has any added benefits for homebrew. Anyone confirm?

If you have a retail cart of CN then there is no point to use it while in emunand, 9.2 is just the last ofw that had the exploit that was needed to run home brew launcher. Most people used CN in emunand 9.2 because they where using a rom version. The only way to continue to use it as a rom is to make it a cia and install it to the system nand.

I think I answered your question, I am a little confused what your asking if I am wrong try rewording it so I can understand your question a little better

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ronhero, I just tried this. I can write BigBlueMenu to sysnand, but when it launches it says "The software could not be launched. Please download again from Nintendo eShop"

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Ronhero, I just tried this. I can write BigBlueMenu to sysnand, but when it launches it says "The software could not be launched. Please download again from Nintendo eShop"

Good luck with that. ;p

Reactions: Margen67 and Zidapi

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

There are a few additional steps i took to get it to be able to work. I'll pm you when I get off work with more details

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
You can't launch unsigned code on unmodified SYSNAND.
I also have NAND mod, and when I flash my sysNAND with 4.5 EMUNAND, I can't launch homebrew and I can't launch the GW rom menu because you need to use GW to patch SYSNAND first!

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you also be able to PM me? I am curious how you did this. Thanks

Don't fall for his lies. I can't believe some of you people are taking him seriously. There is no way to mod the sysnand at all! The way you can launch unsigned code is with gateway/mt card, or the cubicninja exploit! This guy is lying out of his ass.

mastermodr94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't fall for his lies. I can't believe some of you people are taking him seriously. There is no way to mod the sysnand at all! The way you can launch unsigned code is with gateway/mt card, or the cubicninja exploit! This guy is lying out of his ass.
It has been shown that you can extract an emunand and using a hardware mod flash it to sysnand. So why is it so hard to believe it is entirely possible to make a new emunand off the sysnand install devmenu as a cia and then backup the emunand and flash it to sysnand. Now whether or not this bricks the system or the Dev menu just doesn't run I don't know but if he is saying he has proof i would like to see it. If he doesn't show anything then yea he is lying but give the guy a shot on something that is entirely plausible.

Reactions: Margen67

Ante0

Trophies
XP
Country
It has been shown that you can extract an emunand and using a hardware mod flash it to sysnand. So why is it so hard to believe it is entirely possible to make a new emunand off the sysnand install devmenu as a cia and then backup the emunand and flash it to sysnand. Now whether or not this bricks the system or the Dev menu just doesn't run I don't know but if he is saying he has proof i would like to see it. If he doesn't show anything then yea he is lying but give the guy a shot on something that is entirely plausible.

I'm pretty sure your SysNand and Emunand uses different encryption keys, so if you were to flash your emunand to your sysnand it would brick your 3ds.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, us guys on 4.X are stuck using the 2.0 keys, it's why we'll lose all of our saves if we upgrade to 6.0 or beyond.

To quote Cyan:

Maybe you could add some question/answer:

Q. Will my savegame work after updating to 9.2.0-20?
Short answer: If it's games using the 6.0 KeyY, your save will not work anymore and you will lose your progress.
Long answer: The keyY used for savegame is initiated at console launch (not at EmuNAND Reload). With a 4.1-4.5 NAND your games didn't use the 6.0 KeyY and fell back to 2.0 KeyY encryption method. If you update to 9.x it will now boot on the newer KeyY and the games will find the proper 6.0 Key for encryption, reseting your savegame progress.
(that's probably why they asked 4.x users to not update)

Q. Can I convert my 4.x saves to 9.x?
The Gateway team often said they were working on the savegame feature. We don't know if they will provide a method to load old KeyY saves to convert them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT