Homebrew how do i fixed bricked vwii

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Does anyone have a clean slccmpt(01) copy that I can have? I too bricked my vWii.
One does not simply restore a NAND backup not from their console.
Knowing what's broken makes it much easier to fix however. You can replace files with ftpiiu everywhere from the Wii U side, but you also have to make sure that you fix the permissions so they match what is expected, otherwise it might not work.
The system menu has a special encryption (I believe it's actually decrypted in cafe2wii though I might be remembering wrong), but it should be fixable anyway, if you know someone that has the clean files.

D

Deleted User

You can replace files with ftpiiu everywhere from the Wii U side, but you also have to make sure that you fix the permissions so they match what is expected, otherwise it might not work.
How do I fix the permissions?
The system menu has a special encryption (I believe it's actually decrypted in cafe2wii though I might be remembering wrong), but it should be fixable anyway, if you know someone that has the clean files.
How do I use cafe2wii in my situation?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How do I fix the permissions?

How do I use cafe2wii in my situation?
Cafe2Wii is simply the part of the Wii U OS that boots vWii (I don't know if this is really the correct term for it though)
You fix permissions the same way you would with any FTP server, it's client specific. In FileZilla you right click the files/folders and there should be a "change permissions" option. Make sure the permissions are the same as for any other similar files/folders containing title data.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Make sure the permissions are the same as for any other similar files/folders containing title data.
All of the title data permissions including the system menu are set to:

Owner Permissions: Read: Yes Write: Yes Execute: Yes

Group Permissions: Read: Yes Write: No Execute: Yes

Public Permissions: Read: Yes Write: No Execute: Yes

Numeric Value: 755

Are all of these settings correct?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
All of the title data permissions including the system menu are set to:

Owner Permissions: Read: Yes Write: Yes Execute: Yes

Group Permissions: Read: Yes Write: No Execute: Yes

Public Permissions: Read: Yes Write: No Execute: Yes

Numeric Value: 755

Are all of these settings correct?
I guess so, I don't really know.

PlugoffGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i was installing riiconnect24 i putted in IOS31 and 80 but the IOS80 i had was only for wii so i bricked my vwii,when i try to load vwii,the only thing that popped up was the wii logo in the agmepad and thats it
if anyone knows how to fix it,post a comment here

(RC24 maybe making a vwii version rn)

guys, i have been trying for days to do this.. i am extremely upset.. and i do not want to start another thread because i am certain that it is the exact same issue as the OP and some of the guys who had the same problems, i bricked my vWii because like an idiot i installed all these wads meant for Wii and not Wii U, i have FTP everywhere and i accessed it through WinSCP which is great, i do not have any backups and i seriously do not know what to do.. everything is just ruined and i do not have the right or wrong IOSs and apprently it's illegal to try and obtain it.. i absolutely cannot PM anyone over here i don't know why.. but at this moment for 3 days i have been trying and trying.. and this is the thread that i believe will help me.. because i don't know how to install anything using WinSCP and FTP everywhere.

PlugoffGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why are you trying to get help from this thread? just asking, this thread is really old lol, maybe scroll up to see what you should do
i did i scrolled up but nothing.. and i cannot seem to PM anyone which makes this a much bigger problem for me...i cannot get the files and i cannot access the folder

D

Deleted User

guys, i have been trying for days to do this.. i am extremely upset.. and i do not want to start another thread because i am certain that it is the exact same issue as the OP and some of the guys who had the same problems, i bricked my vWii because like an idiot i installed all these wads meant for Wii and not Wii U, i have FTP everywhere and i accessed it through WinSCP which is great, i do not have any backups and i seriously do not know what to do.. everything is just ruined and i do not have the right or wrong IOSs and apprently it's illegal to try and obtain it.. i absolutely cannot PM anyone over here i don't know why.. but at this moment for 3 days i have been trying and trying.. and this is the thread that i believe will help me.. because i don't know how to install anything using WinSCP and FTP everywhere.
What wads did you install?

FancyNintendoGamer567

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@PlugoffGamer Then IDK, all I know is to use Wii U with Mocha CFW, FTPiiU Everywhere and a FTP client like WinSCP. And then use your FTP client to connect to your Wii U that's running FTPiiU Everywhere on Mocha CFW, then using the ftp lcient to download slcmmpt01 (I think) which contains vWii. Then using ShowMiiNAND, you delete the WADs you install that caused the brick of yout vWii. Then by using your FTP client to send the fixed vWii files to the Wii U's slcmmpt01 (I think).

PlugoffGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What wads did you install?
the wrong ones.. WADs for Wii basically..

@PlugoffGamer Then IDK, all I know is to use Wii U with Mocha CFW, FTPiiU Everywhere and a FTP client like WinSCP. And then use your FTP client to connect to your Wii U that's running FTPiiU Everywhere on Mocha CFW, then using the ftp lcient to download slcmmpt01 (I think) which contains vWii. Then using ShowMiiNAND, you delete the WADs you install that caused the brick of yout vWii. Then by using your FTP client to send the fixed vWii files to the Wii U's slcmmpt01 (I think).

wait the part where you say use ftp client to download slcmmpt01 ... what do you mean .. you cannot download the folder.. and i will look into what showMiiNAND is but yes i do need to delete the wads that ruined everything as they were never intended for Wii U

RedxZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all
so i have bricked my vwii by stupidly installing some wad files intended for wii and now i dont know how to go about fixing it. when i get to go into the vwii it gives me a black screen and nothing else.
i did not make any kind of backup sadly. i do have a VC inject of YAWMM on my Wii U. please help.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello all
so i have bricked my vwii by stupidly installing some wad files intended for wii and now i dont know how to go about fixing it. when i get to go into the vwii it gives me a black screen and nothing else.
i did not make any kind of backup sadly. i do have a VC inject of YAWMM on my Wii U. please help.
I believe there's a guide to fix it on the forum somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

D

Deleted User

I don't think a clean ISO would help you, the vWii specific IOSes can only be gotten from another Wii U.
False. It can also be obtained through using nusdowloader with the vwii common key. (Aka a compiled nusdownloader with the vwii common key embedded) and then downloading the vwii files. (vwii files are not the same title id as wii files) (it cannot be packed into a .wad if you just do the key change. But you can decrypt it). But I can say doing this does work as that was how I restored the original system menu on my vwii.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'll add this also. You need to run wupclient to fix permissions to the vwii folder.
1. download https://github.com/FIX94/wuphax/blob/master/python/wupclient.py#L29
2. install python 2.7 (make sure you add to path)
3. edit the .py and replace the 29th line with your wiiu ip adress.
4. run mocha cfw
5. run the python script. Make sure you use command prompt and use "py -i wupclient.py
6.Enter "
mount_sd()
mount_slccmpt01()
def do_folder(path):
results = w.ls(path, return_data = True)
for result in results:
w.chmod(path + '/' + result['name'], 0x666)
if not result['is_file']:
do_folder(path + '/' + result['name'])

do_folder('/vol/storage_slccmpt01')
unmount_slccmpt01()
unmount_sd()"
That should fix things in regards to permissions. (I may have linked the wrong wupclient.py if you get a error saying no line exists. Look for a different github with a file called wupclient.py)

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep your Dahmer ways to yourself