how do i fixed bricked vwii

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by FancyNintendoGamer567, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Krakening

Krakening Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2019
    United States
    First of all, I was trying to download RiiConnect24 from https://wii.guide/riiconnect24.html . I was too notice the "Do not try this on Wii U" note. I installed one of WADS, Everybody Votes Channel, and when I returned to the Wii Menu, I saw the channel on there. Everything was normal, even though EVC could not connect to WiiConnect24. I installed the other 2 WAD files, IOS31 and IOS80. That was when I bricked my vWii.

Since then, I have tried deleting the existing slccmpt01 files from FTPiiU ( I think it was called that ) (Also I backed up the existing files too), took a NAND backup at some point before I bricked my vWii, and extracted it to the slccmpt01 folder. Still bricked.

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    you deleted which file from SLCCMPT? (we will call it vWii nand to be easier) only some, or all of them?

vIOS80 is responsible for booting into vWii. if it's corrupted, or missing, it won't boot.
    if you deleted it only the IOS80 files, you'll need to reinstall it. first you need to find a good version of that Wad (either a good signed wad, dumped with bluedumpmod, or find a good patched for riiconnect24 IOS80)
    then you can follow this guide : https://gbatemp.net/posts/7687375
    the guide covers reinstalling IOS58, but you can do it with any other good WADs. I recommend you also replace your IOS31, then start the patching for Riiconnect all over once vwii is working again.

If you deleted all vWii NAND content, don't follow that guide, you'll need a lot more steps to fix your console and restore the full vWii NAND.
    if you made a vWii NAND dump, it's binary or fst (file and folders) ?
    if you have File System format, you'll need to use ftpiiu everywhere to restore all proper files, then use the debugger to edit all file's permission with a python script mentioned on previous page of this thread.

if you need help, just ask.

Last edited by Cyan, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Krakening

Krakening Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2019
    United States
    I delted every folder and file in vWii NAND and then restored a NAND backup I took a week ago. (Before I bricked the vWii) The NAND backup I took was a .bin, but I also used a program to extract it to fst.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also, how do I use the debugger?

4. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    you already restored all files?
    ok, so now you'll need to use Mocha CFW to get the required debugging tools.
    if you are already using CBHC, go to the boot menu and skip sysmenu patching to CFW by launching HBL directly, then load Mocha without enabling redNAND. Mocha has an additional CFW patch for debugging purpose.

You need to follow this guide to set the file permissions on vWii:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-do-i-fixed-bricked-vwii.461637/page-4#post-8374827

5. Krakening

Krakening Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2019
    United States
    This appears every time I run the file using python.[​IMG]
    https://imgur.com/a/Sgib9s3

6. gary4356767

gary4356767 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2018
    United States
    I have been getting that error a lot. But I was able to get an answer to the fix. Don't change the port in line 29 of wupclient.py. Keep it at the default (1337).

7. Krakening

Krakening Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2019
    United States
    Still doesn't work.

8. gary4356767

gary4356767 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2018
    United States
    What version of python are you using? Try using the latest version. Make sure it's added to path also.

9. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
  10. Krakening

Krakening Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2019
    United States
    I just figured ou
    Just figured out how to do this properly, had to use command prompt (i'm so stupid.) Ran the commands, vWii is still bricked. I think my NAND backup is corrupt...